Law School Discussion

We're next! So who is taking in June?

Re: We're next! So who is taking in June?
« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2008, 05:47:41 PM »

Don't be so sure, the quality of the girls and their outfits may just influence how well you perform! 

Ha.

How could I have forgotten!?

« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2008, 06:10:01 PM »
I prefer the tests that are really hard and have a more generous curve. I've found that I get about the same amount wrong on "easy" as opposed to "hard" tests so the harder the test the more I can get wrong to get the desired 168.

« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2008, 08:21:49 AM »
Started prepping today and made a nice calendar.  Last June I ended up taking around 12 tests in about two weeks so I'm trying not to go that route again.

What didn't you like about that?  After my Kaplan class gets done, I'm planning on trying to take a full test nearly every single day for the 2-3 weeks I have until the actual test.  No Good?

The problem for me with taking so many so fast was that I was REALLY stressed out and high strung right before the test.  I felt really overwhelmed having so much to do in such a short time- I think I got the Logic Games Bible just a few weeks before the test.  I usually think that stress helps me, but I'm not so sure it did in this case.  This year I'm doing around the same amount of prep (probably a little bit more) but I'm doing it over 6 weeks instead of the 3 or 4 I did last year.  I'd rather spend a few hours a day most days and have time off than be spending 6 hours a day every day on it at the very end, but that's definitely just my personal preference.     I am really just trying to be prepared limit my anxiety this time and I think by giving myself plenty of free time and time to kind of "digest" the stuff I'm learning it will help me out a little.

That being said, I definitely think taking tons of practice tests helped me a lot.  I think it all comes down to how much is too much for you to handle, and taking them everyday was very stressful.  The one benefit I think it had is by test day it was like second nature because I had been doing them everyday.

« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2008, 12:50:41 PM »
Damnit.

Just got the results back on the initial Kaplan diagnostic.  157.  Choked on the last two sections.  I'll have to work on my endurence.  I was hoping for about a 160 in order to meet my 163-165 goal on test day.

This bodes evil.

« Reply #144 on: May 06, 2008, 09:55:55 PM »
there is only one thing on this board that bodes evil and it not your results.  im trying to take the test in May.  if i am not granted my wish, i may have to enter into a huge law suit because this is discrimination and prejudice, i tell ya.  did you hear about the pending law suit started by that student from Vermont who found the word 'micropterous' to be totally and completely downright dirty and offensive????? this ordeal set such a precident that people are no longer willing to say the word correctly out of fear of being sued!!!!!

« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2008, 02:12:09 AM »
Damnit.

Just got the results back on the initial Kaplan diagnostic.  157.  Choked on the last two sections.  I'll have to work on my endurence.  I was hoping for about a 160 in order to meet my 163-165 goal on test day.

This bodes evil.

Is that a diagnostic you took cold?  If so, you can easily get that score.

My diagnostics went:
1. 158 (cold)
2. 161 (cold)
3. 163 (halfway through course)