Law School Discussion

We're next! So who is taking in June?

Re: We're next! So who is taking in June?
« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2008, 09:54:57 PM »
I'm planning on taking the June exam - I was supposed to start studying in December, with weekly exams (practice), but due to some busy news, things have been postponed.

I'm 8 weeks pregnant this week, and it's been hard for me to lift a book right now.  I will be around 6 months pregnant in June, so I am debating whether to take the test or not still.  That means I need to start cracking the books soon.

If you don't do it before the baby comes, it'll be years before you get around to it.  I'm 33, and many of my friends' wives have given birth over the last 2-3 years.  They all said that 6 months into the pregnancy is not as bad as 8 weeks.  This is a guy's $0.02, for what it's worth.

I've heard that from many friends with recent new additions to the family as well.  As a guy that does not have any kids that I know of so I am not talking from 24/7 experience with all that, I am pretty clear about how the LS routine goes.

It takes over EVERY aspect of your life, is all consuming, and leaves you with ZERO time for ANYTHING else, especially during 1L. 

There is a saying that goes something like "When you start LS, if you have a solid relationship with someone that will be patient with you and put up with it and you not being around, you will need it, if start LS with a not so solid relationship it will be over long before first round of finals"  Something like that.

I have seen that type of stuff carry out many times like clockwork.  The saying is based in deep truth. 

IMHO there is no way in hell one could properly rear a newborn in the most important ways during those most important first years with the needs and love the child needs while trying to do LS. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developmental_psychology

Try and do it and we will end up with another child like this out on the streets:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgWkdGStZIo

After first round of 1L finals when I actually had time to find the nail clippers and just sit in my room I noticed that my toenails were almost 3/4 of an inch long amongst other things I simply did not have the time to even notice or think about for the preceding few months...

Sorry for that gross image, but it is reality, ask any 1L or 2L, get and read the book 1L and/or the movie adapted version.  It is harsh, but it is reality. 

I am seriously disturbed by the image of 3/4 inch long toe nails!
 :o

« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2008, 12:12:15 AM »
Was on hiatus for a while and am back. Spring break just started for me.. time to get cracking on those books!

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2008, 10:18:42 AM »
june test be hardest ever.

« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2008, 05:33:36 PM »

I was thinking that you had died.  Extended spring break?

Jeffort! Whats up man! Look at my sig! I got good news, I was in Miss. for a while.

« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2008, 12:51:50 PM »

I was thinking that you had died.  Extended spring break?

Jeffort! Whats up man! Look at my sig! I got good news, I was in Miss. for a while.

Sweet!  and there is nothing in the rejected row either! 

Yeah, Talk too soon! I got Wait listed at Hofstra and Dinged at New York Law. I dont get that really, isnt Hofstra about the same school?

The 2007 entering full-time class maintained a 157 median and 154/159 25th/75th percentile LSAT and a 3.49 median.

But New York Law is a 155 median, a 153 (25th), 157 (75th), and a 3.30 median GPA. Interesting..makes no sense, but all righty then! Can't get into them all lol

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2008, 09:31:46 AM »
Alright, it's time to get back to the grind.  Signed up for the June test two months ago, and am finally ordering my PTs (brand-spanking new ones) again.  Have to dust off the PS and Superprep (where did I stash them again?)

« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2008, 12:38:20 PM »
I'm in for the June Test.....

« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2008, 09:55:18 PM »
Whew, spring break for me too...

I'm going back and forth between feeling like June is far, far away and nearly hyperventilating. LGB and I are going to be spending a lot of time together this week.

Good luck preparing, everyone!

« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2008, 07:33:02 PM »
count me in...
+_+ stressed/worried

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2008, 04:31:59 PM »