Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: June LSAT plan  (Read 845 times)

TNGA60

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
June LSAT plan
« on: January 11, 2008, 12:42:07 AM »
I am considering retaking the LSAT in June and taking a year off because of my terribly disappointing 9 point drop from my avg prep to the actual test. I only studied about 6 weeks for the December test and I think I can do much better. I never did the ground building study because I was so rushed. I read the LG bible and took about 10 PTs. I thought that would be enough but, now I think it may not have been. I will try to improve from a 160 to 170+.

Would the following make a good plan? Start light studying in February, learning question types and LG game types, reading scholarly material, taking a PT once a week. March: Two PTs a week and heavier studying. April & May: Full swing. PT every other day and daily studying.

How beneficial are the classes? I live in about an hour and a half drive from any city with a class so I think the only realistic option would be online class or a weekend course. Are these helpful?

Thanks all. 

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: June LSAT plan
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 10:08:33 AM »
june test be hardest ever.

Gordon_Gekko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 02:32:19 PM »

Could you please explain why June will be the hardest test ever?
"the illusion, has become real, and the more real it becomes, the more desperate they want itócapitalism at its finest."

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 03:36:18 PM »
julie joking, dear.  when yu get joke, you know more about lsat.

Gordon_Gekko

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 04:16:13 PM »
julie joking, dear.  when yu get joke, you know more about lsat.

It has been a year since I have been in the LSAT loop (Feb 07 test). I heard back then that the RC has increased in difficulty and LG has decreased.  I was just worried that something else has changed for the June test. Thanks for clearing that up.
"the illusion, has become real, and the more real it becomes, the more desperate they want itócapitalism at its finest."

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 05:26:47 PM »
please not tell anyone.

LSAT All Star

• Sr. Citizen
  • Keeping it simple
    • View Profile
    • All Star Test Prep
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 06:09:08 PM »
Julie,

I am very disappointed you have dropped your support for Candidate Gump, especially on the verge of crucial primaries.  Has he commented publicly?
Visit us at allstartestprep.com

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 06:59:06 PM »
Julie,

I am very disappointed you have dropped your support for Candidate Gump, especially on the verge of crucial primaries. Has he commented publicly?

julie never supported president gump.

Gordon_Gekko

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 08:18:09 PM »

Could you please explain why June will be the hardest test ever?

Of all people, I would have expected Gordon Gekko to understand this stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxsn5Mm6fzA

Or are you just a Bud Fox?

My inside informant at LSAC didn't tell me. haha

AutumnFall

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 04:25:16 PM »
I am considering retaking the LSAT in June and taking a year off because of my terribly disappointing 9 point drop from my avg prep to the actual test. I only studied about 6 weeks for the December test and I think I can do much better. I never did the ground building study because I was so rushed. I read the LG bible and took about 10 PTs. I thought that would be enough but, now I think it may not have been. I will try to improve from a 160 to 170+.

Would the following make a good plan? Start light studying in February, learning question types and LG game types, reading scholarly material, taking a PT once a week. March: Two PTs a week and heavier studying. April & May: Full swing. PT every other day and daily studying.

How beneficial are the classes? I live in about an hour and a half drive from any city with a class so I think the only realistic option would be online class or a weekend course. Are these helpful?

Thanks all. 

For the PT's, you might want to start with the ones you've already taken. Or better yet, dissect them so you thoroughly understand why you missed the questions you missed. I'm taking the June test, too, though I've been drilling on the PS bible problems over and over. I think it's really important to master the individual problems on a comfortable level before you start to tackle the PT's on a weekly basis.

Best of luck to both of us!!  :)