Law School Discussion

Georgia State

Re: Georgia State
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2008, 01:18:40 PM »
About the status checker, I received my decision on saturday, March 1 and the status checker was up to date today.  Hope that helps.

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2008, 02:14:10 PM »
thanks!

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2008, 03:09:10 PM »
Thanks for the info...I guess I will keep stalking my mailman and my status checker!   Anyone think it will up my chances...even a tiny bit...to go and take a tour of the school?

I always think that this helps. Then you can corner them about your app.  LOL.  Make sure that you do schedule a tour, because after driving two hours (no one responded to my calls about 5X), I was refused a tour with an admissions rep and was instead told that I could give myself a self-guided tour.  So please, make sure that you have confirmed with someone that they will give you a tour, and call them back again before you come to make sure that you all are really going to take the tour!

Good advice...I flew in last week to tour and meet with someone and the man happened to have taken the day off from work.  Luckily, given that I had flown 1000 miles, the head of admissions met with me and then her secretary gave me a tour albeit incredibly brief and not very informative.   

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2008, 03:17:22 PM »
About the status checker, I received my decision on saturday, March 1 and the status checker was up to date today.  Hope that helps.

Similar, I received my decision on monday, and when I just checked the status checker was updated. When I checked the checker on monday, however, it was still "in process."

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2008, 08:35:22 AM »
Ok...so I just got a letter from the financial aid office advising me that my application for aid for 08-09 has been processed...WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

have I been accepted and just not informed yet or does the left hand not know what the right hand is doing?

I am Penny Lane

• Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2008, 08:37:27 AM »
Did you fill out an applicaiton for aid? Or just submit a fasfa?

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2008, 08:38:21 AM »
Just fafsa

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2008, 03:25:58 PM »
There doesn't seem to be any real rhyme or reason to the GSU decision timeline. I don't really trust the status checker from what you all have said...If they requested me LSAC report on March 3...then I'm lookin at another month probably? Anybody heard anything in less time?

This is the only school I can feasibly attend this year, so I'm pretty anxious about this. =/

Thanks!

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2008, 08:22:27 AM »
Ahhhhh...the status checker is down!!!!!!!!