Has anyone used Vault.coms reviews?

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
Has anyone used Vault.coms reviews?
« on: January 09, 2008, 12:05:16 PM »

Re: Has anyone used Vault.coms reviews?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 07:49:26 PM »
My roommate had it for awhile because he was interviewing with big four firms... I looked through it and found it pretty worthless.  The surveys are all full of information you probably already (or should already) know, such as (for T2,3,4) "Must be in top 1/3 to get good job" and "first year is very challenging" and stuff like that.

There was a thread about this a few months ago with some more input if you can find it....

Astro

• Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 08:02:30 PM »
It is somewhat useful in researching bigger firms, but beyond that, not worth your money.  Particularly not for school.

Astro

• Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 08:14:32 PM »
It is somewhat useful in researching bigger firms, but beyond that, not worth your money.  Particularly not for school.

This seems true; their firm profiles are interesting and seem to aggregate all the info on the firms usefully.

I was one of the suckers who bought the membership.  Believe me on this one.   :D

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 09:22:56 AM »
I subscribed for a bit, too.  The stuff just wasn't that worthwhile.  Basically, the "gold" option just let you dig deeper into older archived material.

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 09:26:53 AM »
I subscribed for a short time just to see what it was all about.
Just to echo what other people are saying, it's not really worth it for researching schools.
Most of the insight it has is just user comments like "BC really is the Disneyland of law schools!!1"
I think every now and then I ran into some information I thought was interesting, but it probably wasn't worth the subscription.