Law School Discussion

-

Re: George Washington wants to contact my parents?
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 09:36:13 AM »
Oh. My bad.

Honestly, I'd just tab "yes," if you want to get in. They won't call.

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 11:00:23 AM »
For what it's worth, I said no and was accepted.  I too am married.

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 11:09:29 AM »
I'm not sure if I'm applying, but this sure makes me NOT want to apply.  The application asks me to provide my parents addresses, phone numbers, and jobs okayyy.  Then it asks "may we contact them about your application" and frankly I'm applying to GW covertly (super reach) and I really don't want anyone to know... and I find adcom talking to my parents quite frankly disturbing now that I'm married and all...

Would it be bad if I clicked "No" for their question if they can contact my parents???

I don't think this is odd.  Maybe there is a discrepancy in your application involving your parents and GW just wants to know in case there is one.  I really do not understand why so many applicants are paranoid about giving out info on their apps. It's not like LS are a part of a secret organization that one day will use the info you gave them to blackmail you.

woeisme

• Untouchable
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 11:48:18 AM »
I put "no" and was accepted.

GW is a super reach for me btw.  It's not like I'm an auto-admit otherwise I wouldn't care.

they won't call.

TITCR

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 12:19:19 PM »
Maybe I'm in the minority here but I'd prepare my parents for the possibility of a phonecall if I gave away their contact info. The chances GW is calling our parents are slim but I'd rather have them know it's a possibility just in case.

woeisme

• Untouchable
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 12:22:51 PM »
Maybe I'm in the minority here but I'd prepare my parents for the possibility of a phonecall if I gave away their contact info. The chances GW is calling our parents are slim but I'd rather have them know it's a possibility just in case.

Yeah I'd rather them not know

Why? I mean, I know it's none of my business. But as you yourself previously said in this thread, "you're an adult." Even if you have absolutely no shot at getting in. Shouldn't it be your decision? Who's paying for the application fee?

etmerian

• UM '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 01:00:31 PM »
Sorry to interrupt but can someone tell me what TITCR, TTT, and ITT mean?  I'm thoroughly confused reading these boards..... ???

qt314

• pi = 3.14, k?
    • View Profile
    • bluewords
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 01:04:49 PM »
Sorry to interrupt but can someone tell me what TITCR, TTT, and ITT mean?  I'm thoroughly confused reading these boards..... ???

titcr= that is the credited response

ttt = third tier toilet

itt = in this thread

though i'm just guessing.

cosmo, i don't think it should affect your admission probability... it's such a weird question to ask LS applicants... even college apps don't have that on their forms.