Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law School Suggestions???  (Read 603 times)

ratfiend

• View Profile
Law School Suggestions???
« on: January 09, 2008, 01:30:43 AM »
First Time Poster, Long Time Reader...

Went to Berkeley had a 3.64 but my LSAC GPA is 3.75 (cc classes in HS). My LSAT was 161. I've applied to UC Hastings, Davis, LA and Berkeley (of course), Wisconsin, Tulane, Colorado - Boulder, Univ of Pacific - McGeorge. Will apply to Loyola Marymount soon. I wanted to know what people thought of my chances at these places and any other suggestions for applications specifically safety schools or likely targets.

Thanks
LSAT 161
LSAC GPA 3.74

siski

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Law School Suggestions???
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 02:02:56 AM »
You could likely easily get in to any of the Oregon schools -- UO, Lewis & Clark, and Willamette. University of Washington might be a bit of a reach, but you stand a chance.

K?

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do You Believe Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 04:11:19 AM »
Well, since you applied to UW...

Iowa.

;)
B < PL

Tyler

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 05:23:32 AM »
Why Wisconsin and not Minnesota also?

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 10:21:16 AM »
you are a huuuuuuge longshot at Berkeley, but stand a much better chance if you can raise your LSAT a bit.  it might be too late to prepare for and take the February exam, tho.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 10:08:18 AM »
First Time Poster, Long Time Reader...

Went to Berkeley had a 3.64 but my LSAC GPA is 3.75 (cc classes in HS). My LSAT was 161. I've applied to UC Hastings, Davis, LA and Berkeley (of course), Wisconsin, Tulane, Colorado - Boulder, Univ of Pacific - McGeorge. Will apply to Loyola Marymount soon. I wanted to know what people thought of my chances at these places and any other suggestions for applications specifically safety schools or likely targets.

Thanks

If you plan to attend law school this fall (you're not going to wait for the next cycle), an LSAT retake in February may have no negative consequences and could have a considerable upside if you bump your score a bit.  If it doesn't get you into your top choices, a few points on the LSAT may turn an acceptance into an acceptance with a scholarship.