Law School Discussion

Cheap Essay Service- Ivy League Grad

The Federal Farmer

Re: Cheap Essay Service- Ivy League Grad
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2004, 05:51:25 AM »
Clearly you believe getting any help whatsoever is not doing your own work.

This reasoning is so asinine that it makes me want to punch someone.  Go back and check out the post by dta and then this girl's response.  You would think she had never heard of "flaw" questions on the LSAT.  Man, this is so lame.

Punch someone?  Are you serious?  Are you even man enough? Rumor has it that your only a half of man going to bars trying to grab other people's balls.

superiorlobe

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2004, 07:52:54 AM »
Clearly you believe getting any help whatsoever is not doing your own work.

This reasoning is so asinine that it makes me want to punch someone.  Go back and check out the post by dta and then this girl's response.  You would think she had never heard of "flaw" questions on the LSAT.  Man, this is so lame.

Punch someone?  Are you serious?  Are you even man enough? Rumor has it that your only a half of man going to bars trying to grab other people's balls.

It's a figure of speech.  Get over it.

But I am definitely standing by my claim that that post is a classic example of bad thinking.

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2004, 11:23:24 AM »
I sent it on 10/4 and got it back 10/8:-( I was supposed to have it back a day and a half earlier, but she emailed me and said she was working on it. Actually, she emailed me the morning after she was supposed to send it back and said she'd send it that afternoon, but it didn't come until a day and a half later.

Thanks.  I still haven't gotten my essays back yet. 

JLaw

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2004, 09:09:08 PM »
I sent a revised draft of my PS to Number One Essay on the October 11, she still hasn't even responded back to acknowledge she received my email, let alone read it.  I will keep you all posted.

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2004, 02:10:55 PM »
I havent used Ivy league grad, but I've sent a draft of my PS to TheEssayQueen and really liked her initial comments.  She's very helpful especially for grammer and an overall outsider perspective.  She also helped me with some transition problems I was having.  Just thought I'd let yall know. 

http://www.geocities.com/theessayqueen/index.html

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2004, 03:22:12 PM »
So far it's been a week and a half and she hasn't sent me anything about my essay.  She sent me 4 questions after I initially signed up.  I replied, sent her a draft, then sent her another draft several days later, and still nothing. 

murpheys_law

• midwesterner ready for the coast
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2004, 03:45:13 PM »
Well, I just thought that I would put my two cents in.  After reading this post two days ago I decided to contact her.  On her website, she advertises that she'll send potential clients samples of her work.  I recieved a sample of her work, and it was horrible.  So bad that I thought she accidentally sent the before paper or forgot to attach the after paper.  I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt, so I read it twice thinking that in some areas of the country maybe this is proper grammar.  Not so much.  She sent me a paper with numerous blatant spelling errors, grammer errors, and usage errors not to mention awkwardly contructed sentences.  I e-mailed her back asking if she sent this accidentally, and she replied that it was a work in progress.  I have a problem with that for two reasons.  First of all, if I believed that were true, I think it's terrible business to send such a poorly written paper when you're trying to acquire future business.  Secondly, does this guy know she's sending out his work to be viewed by others.  I think it's a HUGE waste of $25 or even $5.  Sorry.  I was really hoping it was a good thing.

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2004, 06:17:56 PM »
I havent used Ivy league grad, but I've sent a draft of my PS to TheEssayQueen and really liked her initial comments.  She's very helpful especially for grammer and an overall outsider perspective.  She also helped me with some transition problems I was having.  Just thought I'd let yall know. 

http://www.geocities.com/theessayqueen/index.html

I wanted to agree...I used TheEssayQueen and think she did a wonderful job.  I got my paper back within 48 hours I believe.  She only has one client that will let her send out his work, but I think it's an excellent example.  I think many people on here have attested to the fact that she does good work as well...I don't think I've seen any negative comments.  So, if you're looking for help, I think this is the place to go!

murpheys_law

• midwesterner ready for the coast
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2004, 09:26:25 AM »
Yeah, I would go with the positive feedback of essayqueen if you’re looking for an affordable avenue.  When I was thinking about the site, I had a gut concern about confidentiality.  I read about an admin who had a de ja` vous while reading an essay.  He discovered that a website was selling the same fake essay to several students.  I would be very careful to who you send your essay.  After reading that, I would be worried about my essay being sold to other people.  Just be careful.  I'm going the expensive route of essay edge.  They have a great reputation, and I'm not worried about unethical use of my essay.

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2004, 12:50:56 PM »
TheEssayQueen certainly isn't selling off the same essay to everyone.  She takes whatever you've written and makes grammatical corrections and suggestions for adding or removing content in order to appropriately answer the question asked by the school you're applying to.  She doesn't write anything for you, unless you ask for a suggestion in how to word something, or if she changes around a word or two in order to improve the flow.  It is definitely still your own unique work though.
I used EssayEdge and was really unhappy with what they gave me.  They tried to take away everything in my essay that I felt was unique.  I've heard similar complaints, but I've heard good things too, so maybe it depends on who you get.