Law School Discussion

Cheap Essay Service- Ivy League Grad

M2

Re: Cheap Essay Service- Ivy League Grad
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2004, 07:05:59 PM »
Well for one, editing services don't write it for you...they revise what you have already written,

II could see your point if u just sent in money and they popped out an essay but that is not the case.

swifty

• View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2004, 07:16:39 PM »
My probem is that if you are going to blatantly advertise your business in an unethical way, I will have problems with that service.  There is no need for these people to have "friends" post for them.  If they want to advertise in such a matter that IS SPAM, (this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise a business) let the damn person running the business post these unethical advertisements.  It doesn't make anyone feel any better that you are a friend, when I know you are maybe a friend, or maybe the business, or maybe you get a cut.  The point is it's unethical, if you want to run your business that way, you can't be stopped really, but it will catch up with you.  The essay queen won't say where she is going to law school?  Because she doesn't want her law school to know?  Isn't that unethical too?  I would never use services like these rinky dink outfits.  Do it right, or don't do it all. 

Lawschool2005

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2004, 09:16:24 PM »
Actually the reason I posted about the service is because I know people on here want to know about a service that can help them and as I was helped I wanted to let people know. What is wrong with trying to have the best application one can possibly have?

dta

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2004, 09:51:49 PM »
What is wrong with trying to have the best application one can possibly have?

or: "What is wrong with trying to have the best application one can possibly *buy*?".

Look at the comments in various threads on this subject. People are purchasing much more than simple grammar corrections and basic editing services. People are sometimes purchasing complete overhauls and massive revisions of their personal statements.

There *IS* *SOME* point at which an edited PS is so far removed from the original that it can no longer legitimately be called the work product of the original author. Hopefully we can all agree upon that point. The question is whether these PS services cross that line. By some of the posts I have seen it is clear that sometimes this line is indeed crossed.

Lawschool2005

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2004, 05:19:35 PM »
I agree if the person writes your wqhole essay it defeats the purpose but sometimes you need help to make sure that what your writing is ok.

shadowcreeper

• LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2004, 06:15:30 PM »
I am still not sure I follow why people think that just because people give their opinion about a service they are here to advertise the product. Personally, if I had a bad experience with a product I would come online and talk about my negative experiences just as quickly as I would talk about the positive experiences. In fact, I have done this with both Princeton Review and Essay Edge.

Before I used Essay Queen, I used Essay Edge; they tried to change my essay into something that it was never meant to be. They changed my focus and the point of the essay. I was not satisfied with that at all. I was not comfortable handing in something that was not reflective of me, so I decided to try Essay Queen because at this point I was confused and felt off track.  I figured for $10 you could not beat that price, even if she was not helpful it was only $10, it was not going to break me. Personally, I am happy with her help. She made valid points and it was worth the money. She noticed grammar issues that people that I had reading the essay did not notice and she did not even attempt to change my essay. To me, that was important.

I can not comment on services that I have no used, but I will comment on those that I have. I think the purpose of a message board is to give and take opinions and ideas and help one another out.

I agree that there is a very big difference between paying someone to redo an essay and paying someone to edit for grammar and point out weaknesses. I think that there does come a time when enough is enough and it is no longer your worků I felt that way with essay edge, so I discounted their edits all together. I was just not comfortable working with something I never wrote. I suppose some people can get carried away and let a service rewrite an entire essay, but I wonder if they are the minority and not the majority.

JLaw

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2004, 07:24:00 PM »
This service, Number One Essay, has a special right now, all services are $5.  My personal statement is pretty far along, so I have been unwilling to pay for more expensive services, but it would be nice to have someone who has no connection to me review the PS and make suggestions and improvements.  I've signed up, I sent my essay to her on Saturday evening; I haven't received it back, but when I do I will let you all know whether it worked out or not.

JLaw

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2004, 07:28:23 PM »
Wouldn't you know, right after I sent the last message, she responded back to me.  She has read through it and is going to send me a revised copy tomorrow with notes and will help me make a PS for each school I'm applying to.  From what I've seen so far, she has been very thorough and helpful.

swifty

• View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2004, 03:33:19 AM »
Nice post count Jlaw.

JLaw

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2004, 07:36:52 AM »
What is that supposed to mean?

Nice post count Jlaw.