Law School Discussion

Cheap Essay Service- Ivy League Grad

TiredStudent

• C'est la Vie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Cheap Essay Service- Ivy League Grad
« on: October 01, 2004, 01:08:35 AM »
My friend just graduated from Yale and has started her own website helping people with their Personal Statements. She is really cheap as well from $5-20. She helped alot of our friends with their Personal Statemnts and resumes and can really help alot if you are stuck with what have right now.
  http://www.numberoneessay.citymaker.com

Check her out.

Re: Cheap Essay Service- Ivy League Grad
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 01:48:38 AM »
Wow, I used that site before. She charged me $5 and revised my PS like 7 times. If you need help she can really help.

Lawschool2005

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 01:52:06 AM »
I am Lawschool2006 as well. I just got an e-mail saying I was the writer of this post but I am not. I do have two names though 2005 and 2006. What I said above is correct, for $5 I got alot of help. My Ps is banging.

swifty

• View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2004, 12:44:46 AM »
unbelievable.

M2

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2004, 08:36:25 AM »
I am Lawschool2006 as well. I just got an e-mail saying I was the writer of this post but I am not. I do have two names though 2005 and 2006. What I said above is correct, for $5 I got alot of help. My Ps is banging.

you aren't making sense

Lawschool2005

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2004, 02:24:46 PM »
I am saying that tiredstudent is correct, that website has a good service. They helped me with my Personal Statement alot. I was running on abit in places and they made it more concise and compelling.

sexygolfer

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2004, 02:37:02 PM »
Don't you think that essayqueen and all these people are just trying to advertise their services so they can make some cash?

I know that I don't want to be their guinea pig.

dta

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2004, 04:17:30 PM »
I'm curious - at exactly what point does a PS stop being your own and become the intellectual property of the person you're paying to help you? Sincerely - i'm curious. Is there any amount of editing/revising at which point any of you would say "Hey, this is actually not my own work product. I really shouldn't submit it.".

Does such a point exist for any of you?

Genuinely curious.

GA_Kristi

• Whittier Law School Class of 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2004, 05:31:56 PM »
Do you consider a book the property of the author or the editor?  Do you think an editor doesn't make grammatical changes and a few changes in wording here or there?  Do you think John Grisham should actually put his editor's name on the cover?  Clearly you believe getting any help whatsoever is not doing your own work.  As I said on another thread...if you think your legal writing will go straight to a professor, or later a judge, without substantial changes, you need to face reality.  Successful people use all the resources available to them to make their work the best it can be.  I'd learn that real fast if you plan on being in law school soon.  I'm a 1L and I've worked in a firm for 4 years, and I can tell you that only the senior partners in my firm send in their writing to a judge without feedback from someone else in the firm.  I think after 20 years in practice they've reached a point where there's no one better than them who can assist, but I can guarantee you that every associate in that firm has their work read by at least 2 partners, and the paper usually looks like someone bled on it the first time around.  Practicing law is not about being original, it's about researching and using every available resource to make your brief more polished and convincing than opposing counsel's.  So, if you think you'll be doing your own work product and the judge will just applaud you for not having to ask for help from anyone, you're sorely mistaken.

I realize your PS is supposed to show the AdComm who you are, and what your writing abilities are.  That's why I used a service that only did grammatical corrections and suggestions for how to make my content more targeted to my audience.  The topic of my PS was not changed, and really hardly any wording was changed.  Professionals have their work edited and I'm certainly going to do it as well.  Anyone who sends in their PS without having it edited by someone else (anyone credible) is only hurting themselves. 

dta

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2004, 06:32:02 PM »
You didn't answer the question, which in a way answers the question.

For an author of a book, there is some point at which assistance on the book would require the author to recognize the assistant as more than an editor - as a legitimate co-author. For many who seek out professional PS detailing services, there seems to be NO point at which the work product would cease to be one's own.

Again, the fact that you don't answer the question reveals much.