Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ---  (Read 3405 times)

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nicest/Meanest Admsissions Offices?
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 12:01:59 PM »
Ooooh, saying "delighted" really is so bad!

Exam season has taken its toll on you, eh?

lineallowsfor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 12:27:45 PM »
I've had good experiences with Albany, Drexel, both Rutgers, and Catholic :)

woeisme

• Sr. Citizen
  • Untouchable
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2008, 12:48:45 PM »
Nicest: Cornell.

At least the representatives I've spoken with...
Cornell Law School Class of 2011 ... ftw.

woeisme

• Sr. Citizen
  • Untouchable
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2008, 12:50:11 PM »
Cornell's admissions staff was super nice and comforting when I called about EA. 

UPenn's was obnoxious and told me i wasnt gonna make the ED deadline and was wrong!! (i almost teared at the time)
I still love you though Penn. I wont hold our first convo against you.

I had the same conversation with Cornell. And I fully agree with both of these evaluations (I know, it'd seem that I'm just biased, ... but I really did get this impression)

woeisme

• Sr. Citizen
  • Untouchable
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2008, 12:53:10 PM »
Yeah, NYU's wasn't the nicest.
Minnesota's has been almost too nice. They've been recruiting me since the very beginning and are calling me for a follow-up after I've been accepted.

True dat RE: Minnesota. But I'm not annoyed by it yet. I actually like the persistence  ;D

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2008, 12:58:10 PM »

Actually doing okay after I pulled an entire CivPro outline out of my ass Sunday afternoon and Monday morning. Gives me faith that I can bull through the rest of them. Yourself?
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2008, 01:05:32 PM »

Actually doing okay after I pulled an entire CivPro outline out of my ass Sunday afternoon and Monday morning. Gives me faith that I can bull through the rest of them. Yourself?

By far the most enjoyable part of law school thus far...

geelpiet42

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2008, 10:57:34 PM »
All the admission folks I've spoken with have been very nice and very helpful, especially the folks at U of Wisconsin and Marquette. 

The people I spoke with at St. Louis University were all very nice, however, I applied in October and didn't receive a single email, letter, or phone call from them until I got my acceptance there today.  That was kind of worrisome.

hurley325

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2008, 11:13:18 PM »
All the admission folks I've spoken with have been very nice and very helpful, especially the folks at U of Wisconsin and Marquette. 

The people I spoke with at St. Louis University were all very nice, however, I applied in October and didn't receive a single email, letter, or phone call from them until I got my acceptance there today.  That was kind of worrisome.

Strange about SLU.  I applied 10/23 and got 2 emails between then and when my acceptance letter came yesterday.  One email told me I was complete and the other invited me to an open house they had this past weekend.

I haven't really dealt with many admissions offices.  Tulane was really good when I was setting up a campus tour and during the tour.  I also had to email them something a few weeks ago, and they were friendly and prompt in their response.  UMiami responded to an email I sent in about 2 hours, which was nice.  Baylor has also been very good.  I've actually gotten to know one of their adcomm members to the point where she actually remembered me.

P. Pius

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2008, 11:14:11 PM »
I'll add on the Admissions people at Arizona State are very friendly and helpful.  They've answered my questions in a relatively quick timeframe (a day or two, at most) and have seemingly gone out of their way to keep me updated on the status of my application.  One of the Directors of Admissions from the College of Law who I met at one of the Forums has been a big help and one of the reasons I decided to apply to the school.  By far, Arizona State has gone above and beyond what I'd expect from a law school in terms of friendliness and efficiency.

There have been a few schools though that I have been less impressed with.  Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess.
In like Flint (Accepted):  South Texas, St. Mary's
Out on a limb (Pending):  Arizona State, Southwestern, Oregon
Better luck next time (Denial): 

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=runnerxc8888