Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Uh oh.  (Read 16659 times)

Shark Week

• Sr. Citizen
  • officially a Michigan troll now
    • View Profile
Re: Uh oh.
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2008, 10:33:56 PM »
I feel like Confused is going to win this battle.

this is very unlikely.

FINALLY. SOMEONE who's heard of me.

your e-reputation for i-thuggery is legendary
Michigan '11

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2008, 10:34:56 PM »
I've said it before, I'll say it again: anyone who doesn't start studying for the LSAT in high school is a damned fool!

Never mind.

Seriously, though. The high school board is the best!
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

Shark Week

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2008, 10:35:48 PM »
The high school board is the best!
this is without a doubt the only truth that can be discerned from this godawful abortion of a thread
Michigan '11

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2008, 10:36:14 PM »
(I sense an endless re-hasing of value judgements disguised as cogent arguments for either side.)

That's where you're wrong, Stevens!
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2008, 10:43:28 PM »
Ultimately, I disagree that while learning English lit is irrelevant, getting an A in the class is of the utmost importance.

I didn't do super-great on my senior essay, but the ideas in it, combined with a few key Torts lectures, led me to accidentally recreate one of the great critical theories of the last century without realizing it. (The bf clued me in that Foucault had gotten there first, but it was exciting nevertheless.) It's important to have ideas in your head, not (or at least, not JUST) money in your piggy bank.

Clearly we haven't met. Have you heard of Personal LSAT Jesus?

Nope.

I beat him down so bad he quit the board and was never heard from again. It's a thug life but someone's got to live it.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Shark Week

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2008, 10:47:57 PM »
Ultimately, I disagree that while learning English lit is irrelevant, getting an A in the class is of the utmost importance.

I didn't do super-great on my senior essay, but the ideas in it, combined with a few key Torts lectures, led me to accidentally recreate one of the great critical theories of the last century without realizing it. (The bf clued me in that Foucault had gotten there first, but it was exciting nevertheless.) It's important to have ideas in your head, not (or at least, not JUST) money in your piggy bank.

Clearly we haven't met. Have you heard of Personal LSAT Jesus?

Nope.

I beat him down so bad he quit the board and was never heard from again. It's a thug life but someone's got to live it.

holy *&^%
Michigan '11

Eveman in Ingmarland

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2008, 10:48:16 PM »
i don't really agree with confused, but i think i'm going to argue his side of the argument anyway, just because.

dash, what you have to realize is that a head-full of ideas isn't worth jack if you can't eat. i say go to the most prestigious school you can get into, major in finance, make a few million on wall street, and then retire at 35. just think: from that point on you'll have decades and decades to think Big Thoughts and intellectually plagiarize crazy french dead people.

Shark Week

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2008, 10:51:32 PM »
Wait, what are we even talking about at this point?  It seems like this binary:

Student A: I want money.  Education is worthless.

Student B: I want to learn.  That's way more important than silly money.

Student C: I'm a big deal on the internet
Michigan '11

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2008, 10:56:07 PM »
It wasn't the watching part, it was the language-is-useless part. Which may not be F., as much as general deconstructionism. Like I said, I never read any of that *&^% myself. 

OMG, all you young'uns are redonk. (BTW, for the record, "beating" PLJ meant calling him a twatwaffle. The kid was easily spooked.)

I feel relatively okay with saying that if you don't value having ideas, then you'll be exactly the kind of lawyer this country doesn't need.

As far as having ideas but going hungry, this is so extreme as to be irrelevant. If you go to college, you will likely be able to avoid starvation. And you've got to have ideas while you're still young enough to want to do something with them and still be able to.

Wait, what are we even talking about at this point?  It seems like this binary:

Student A: I want money.  Education is worthless.

Student B: I want to learn.  That's way more important than silly money.

Student C: I'm a big deal on the internet

Holy *&^%, are you stupid. OTHER PEOPLE have said to me (in person, which was weird) that I am scary on the boards, which I think is hysterical for obvious reasons, and now I say it because I think it's funny. It is IRONIC. It is SAID IN JEST. Stop getting your PANTIES in a TWIST.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Eveman in Ingmarland

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2008, 10:58:32 PM »
i don't really agree with confused, but i think i'm going to argue his side of the argument anyway, just because.

dash, what you have to realize is that a head-full of ideas isn't worth jack if you can't eat. i say go to the most prestigious school you can get into, major in finance, make a few million on wall street, and then retire at 35. just think: from that point on you'll have decades and decades to think Big Thoughts and intellectually plagiarize crazy french dead people.

TITCR, as far as 'fused's arg. goes.

this is why i'm going to be a good lawyer. i can make other people's crappy arguments way better than they can.