Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Uh oh.  (Read 16820 times)

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
Re: Uh oh.
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2008, 11:50:57 PM »
Since you're not on (at least my) FB, Dash, I can't imagine you being as sweet or credible as Tink.  Her victory.

That's an excellent criterion for judging, Wallace. I never use smileys, but this just feels appropriate:  ::)

Ain't jackshit to eat. That's why I miss New Haven so much. The other night we got like the worst ever Thai takeout in the universe.

Aw, don't hate on Cambridge!

Central Kitchen, woman! I mean, uh, when there's money lying around.

Sugar and Spice in Porter isn't bad for Thai Food.

I think I thought I was getting from Sugar and Spice, but was actually getting from Spice? God.

You ever been to Zoe's on Mass Ave, down by like the Utrechts, on the way to Central Square? I've got to give credit where it's due--those people make a Belgian waffle that tastes like a big soft sugar cookie. I hate waffles and it's unreal. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Oh yeah, Spice is awful. And they don't have booze!

Never been to Zoe's, but it sounds good! Have you been to The Neighborhood for brunch? AWESOME. And if they keep you waiting out in the cold too long, they'll bring you muffins. And if it takes even longer than that, they'll let you come back and stand awkwardly in the kitchen! Totally worth it for the pumpkin spice pancakes and oatmeal, though.

I think it's in Union Square. Which I never know quite where that is, but it's near Inman.

Oh, have you been to Dali for tapas? Another favorite. It's in Inman, by the Thirsty Scholar.
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2008, 11:53:46 PM »
I live a five minute walk from Dali but haven't been yet. Alas alack. Nor to Neighborhood, though I went somewhere like that in Bklyn over Halloween. You wait in line and they bring you coffee, orange wedges, spicy french fries, and cookies. I had an orange wedge, two spicy fries, and a ginger snap while standing in the drizzle. It was great.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2008, 12:49:06 AM »
Hey Dash, personalized apologies generally merit acknowledgment.

(I think she might be gone now)

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2008, 12:52:46 AM »

It was sent awhile ago via PM. And, Dashrashi: Last Active: Today at 12:36:00 AM. Just sayin'.

Hmmm.

::resists temptation to play peace-maker::

Well, I hope that nice high school kid got all the advice he needed! Come back soon!

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2008, 01:48:00 AM »

It was sent awhile ago via PM. And, Dashrashi: Last Active: Today at 12:36:00 AM. Just sayin'.

I had closed my browser and computer window in the hopes of studying. Futile, I now see. No worries re earlier. But be aware that if you ever post "Um." on televisionwithoutpity.com, you will get banned. They're touchy about that sort of thing.
This sig kills fascists.

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2008, 08:43:31 AM »
Aside from the fact that you're incorrect because I have used the term and am not a middle-class Brit, I think it's delightful that you're such a snob. Way to be.

I think you gave terrible advice about what the meaning of college is.  I feel bad if thats truly what you think it is about.

Feel bad all you want. I couldn't be happier with my college experience. Since I liked it so much, I'd like to recommend pursuing a similar one to other people. I'm sorry you didn't have any fun in college, though, and you feel like you didn't learn anything. That's a shame.

Maybe I read the wrong post, but I agree with your suggestion to actually learn something and improve yourself in college.  I wish I could stay here for a few more years, because not only do I realize how much of a dumbass I was as a freshman, I realize that I am still a dumbass! 

Bingo. But you're less of a dumbass now, and isn't that sort of wonderful and heartening?

College, at least as long as you're going somewhere that is at least interested in doing the liberal-arts thing, should not be vocational; they have many other institutions for that. And furthermore, life is not or at least should not be about work.

college to a degree should be vocational in the sense that career options should be at the forefront of your mind.  learning english lit is irrelevant.  getting an A in the course so that your gpa is up and you are more attractive to employers should be a paramount concern.

So, just to be clear, you were making the idiot's argument.

And not for the reasons that you assume I'm thinking of.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2008, 09:00:07 AM »
Amazing how this thread has blossomed into such an impressive *&^% heap in only one day.

To contribute: I'm going to throw my opinion on dash's side of the fence. I approached education in UG as enrichment, not with job prospects at the forefront. Admittedly, a career has always been a consideration. Just not the first one.

Now that priority has definitely switched, out of necessity.

I'm like a farm animal that way. It's a talent, I know.
This sig kills fascists.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2008, 09:12:09 AM »
oh, he class-a snob.  and proud of it.

such "class."

jman888

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2008, 04:48:08 PM »
this all got off topic

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2008, 05:40:16 PM »
Yes, it did. I think your question definitely got answered before that happened, though. Didn't it?
This sig kills fascists.