Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Uh oh.  (Read 17109 times)

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Uh oh.
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2008, 11:33:54 PM »
30 is old if you have enough moolah to retire.

Um. How?

Because you've already sunk a lot of effort and psychic investment in your rich-ass lifestyle, which makes you risk averse, and you've again got the golden handcuffs problem in spades.

I also don't appreciate that snotty little "Um.," missy, so don't think you're getting anything by me.

30 is old if you have enough moolah to retire.

Truth. And we all know that Zuckerberg is an ass.

OMG is he ever. Props for fooling Microsoft though.

Your argument just isn't necessarily true. Sure, it's true of some. But not all.

I mean, I also don't appreciate your snarky commentary. So I guess we're even.

How do you figure? Have I been snotty to you specifically?

And while we're here, and this Confused individual isn't, can I at least get some acknowledgment that you were wrong that he'd outlast me?
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Eveman in Ingmarland

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2008, 11:36:31 PM »
i thought confused Confused argued with passion and eloquence. Truly the Cicero of the Internets.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2008, 11:38:19 PM »
He went out for a few drinks.  I think that leaving the internet world is tantamount to victory.  I wish I could go get drinks.

While I in most cases agree with you, Tink wasn't defining it that way, and I'm actively not studying for my crim final tomorrow by doing this, and my TV's in the shop. There is no winning in my world tonight.

How, dear girl, is beginning a sentence with "Um." not snotty? In what circumstances? Would you start a sentence like that in court?
This sig kills fascists.

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2008, 11:41:10 PM »
He went out for a few drinks.  I think that leaving the internet world is tantamount to victory.  I wish I could go get drinks.

While I in most cases agree with you, Tink wasn't defining it that way, and I'm actively not studying for my crim final tomorrow by doing this, and my TV's in the shop. There is no winning in my world tonight.

How, dear girl, is beginning a sentence with "Um." not snotty? In what circumstances? Would you start a sentence like that in court?

How about, "Um, does anyone remember that one episode of 'A-Team' when Howlin' Mad Murdock kept yelling for trash bags?"

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2008, 11:41:39 PM »
Since you're not on (at least my) FB, Dash, I can't imagine you being as sweet or credible as Tink.  Her victory.

Oh lord.
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2008, 11:42:28 PM »
Since you're not on (at least my) FB, Dash, I can't imagine you being as sweet or credible as Tink.  Her victory.

That's an excellent criterion for judging, Wallace. I never use smileys, but this just feels appropriate:  ::)

Ain't jackshit to eat. That's why I miss New Haven so much. The other night we got like the worst ever Thai takeout in the universe.

How about, "Um, does anyone remember that one episode of 'A-Team' when Howlin' Mad Murdock kept yelling for trash bags?"

Um period != Um comma, I think. Um period is undeniably snotty. Um comma can be, which is why I use "oooh," or "mmmDoes anyone remember," so as to avoid confusion.
This sig kills fascists.

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2008, 11:44:36 PM »
Since you're not on (at least my) FB, Dash, I can't imagine you being as sweet or credible as Tink.  Her victory.

That's an excellent criterion for judging, Wallace. I never use smileys, but this just feels appropriate:  ::)

Ain't jackshit to eat. That's why I miss New Haven so much. The other night we got like the worst ever Thai takeout in the universe.

Aw, don't hate on Cambridge!

Central Kitchen, woman! I mean, uh, when there's money lying around.

Sugar and Spice in Porter isn't bad for Thai Food.
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

Eveman in Ingmarland

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2008, 11:45:40 PM »

Um period != Um comma, I think. Um period is undeniably snotty. Um comma can be, which is why I use "oooh," or "mmmDoes anyone remember," so as to avoid confusion.

i liek starting postst with "yawn."

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2008, 11:47:16 PM »
lol.  It was a silly claim.  ;)  I concede.

What about the Au Bon Pain across from the Yard?  I hate their overpriced orange juice.  Don't you?

I hate the price, but love the OJ. Alas.

Aw, don't hate on Cambridge!

Central Kitchen, woman! I mean, uh, when there's money lying around.

Sugar and Spice in Porter isn't bad for Thai Food.

I think I thought I was getting from Sugar and Spice, but was actually getting from Spice? God.

You ever been to Zoe's on Mass Ave, down by like the Utrechts, on the way to Central Square? I've got to give credit where it's due--those people make a Belgian waffle that tastes like a big soft sugar cookie. I hate waffles and it's unreal. Cannot recommend highly enough.
This sig kills fascists.

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2008, 11:48:05 PM »
Actually, I can't think of any time when I've used "Um" in writing (except just now).  I might use it in speech, while I wait for my brain to catch up to the rest of the room, but that's it.  When I am writing I have plenty of time to pause and come up with something completely inane to say without those little interruptions.

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011