Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any Vancouverites here?? specifically those writing Oct 2004??  (Read 4868 times)

kerisd

• View Profile
Any Vancouverites here?? specifically those writing Oct 2004??
« on: September 30, 2004, 11:53:22 PM »
Hi everyone,
I just found this "O Canada" section on this forum.. I'm so happy to see Canadians here!
To introduce myself, my name is Kate and am a Business major (finance)
I only recently started studying for my Dec LSAT and am wondering if there's anyone in Vancouver writing the exam this Saturday who'd be willing to sell me their LRB? I would really like to start studying with it as soon as possible.
They don't even offer full powerscore courses in Vancouver.. it totally sucks!!
I'm also looking to buy preptests - namely "10 more.." and "the next 10.."
Where are you  Vancouverites?? I can never find anyone from BC on these kinds of boards!

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Any Vancouverites here?? specifically those writing Oct 2004??
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 11:58:48 PM »
Hi everyone,
I just found this "O Canada" section on this forum.. I'm so happy to see Canadians here!
To introduce myself, my name is Kate and am a Business major (finance)
I only recently started studying for my Dec LSAT and am wondering if there's anyone in Vancouver writing the exam this Saturday who'd be willing to sell me their LRB? I would really like to start studying with it as soon as possible.
They don't even offer full powerscore courses in Vancouver.. it totally sucks!!
I'm also looking to buy preptests - namely "10 more.." and "the next 10.."
Where are you  Vancouverites?? I can never find anyone from BC on these kinds of boards!

Hi Kate, nice to meet you.  I am NOT from Vancouver, BUT after Saturday's LSAT we should talk particularily about LRB and the next 10 LSATs.  I have those in PDF form.  Wink.
No longer here.

kerisd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 01:10:46 AM »
Thanks for your prompt reply caecilius~
Yes we shall talk after your exam.
Best of luck to you.. stay calm and confident!!

theli

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 01:16:18 AM »
Hey Kate,

I'm taking the Dec test as well-though I'm not a Vancouverite (hail from Victoria btw). I have both of the items you need, err though I sort of need it as well. I ordered from the website and it took about a week to get here. Pretty fast.

kerisd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2004, 02:18:39 AM »
you bought it from the powerscore website? I'd be happy if it got here within a week..
actually, someone sent me a pdf file yesterday though.. but it wasn't encoded properly or something.. I mean I can't read any of it.. do you guys know how i can fix this problem?
If I can't figure it out soon, I guess I'll just have to make the investment like you theli~

victrola

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2004, 09:29:33 AM »
hey kate,

i'm in vancouver and wrote the LSAT yesterday.  i have a ton of LSAT material, including about 30 preptests and all answer explanations.  hopefully, i did well enough on the exam that i won't have to re-write in dec.!  as for me, i already did my degree at mcgill so i am working and hoping that i'll get into UBC.  i'm also applying to osgoode, western, and UA.  where are you applying?

kerisd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2004, 01:32:27 PM »
Finally.. someone from VanCity!!  :)
It's really nice to meet you.. and I would love to buy those from you!! Is there any writing in it though??
And do you also have powerscore's LRB??

Getting back to your question, I'm not planning on applying for sept 2005.. actually I'm just taking the LSAT in advance.. I still have one semester before I complete my Honours Finance..
I'll probably end up applying to UT and UVIC for sure though.. also considering the states.. we'll see.

BTW, I'm glad to hear that the LSAT went well for you.. it seems like a bunch of ppl were not happy with it.. but good for you!! I've got much love for fellow Cdns

victrola

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2004, 09:14:40 PM »
everything LSAT i have is written in pencil and i don't have the powerscore book.  i do have nova's master the LSAT which is completely unused and comes with some sort of software program, though.

are you graduating from UBC or SFU?  why don't you want to apply to UBC?  that is my first choice, although uvic is a close second.

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2004, 09:30:43 PM »
Man do I have a bone to pick with UBC Law.  Their website doesn't really tell you anything.  Compare that with UVic.  Everything is spelled out.  UBC, in terms of providing information, is like Osgoode of the West.
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2004, 09:41:16 PM »
Man do I have a bone to pick with UBC Law.  Their website doesn't really tell you anything.  Compare that with UVic.  Everything is spelled out.  UBC, in terms of providing information, is like Osgoode of the West.

hahah ... what were you looking for?  I think the UVic has a very grade 9 feel to it, but it was helpful I suppose.

I have something good to say about Osgoode (for once).  I called them the other day and they will accept additional materials that I send them.  AND, they were pretty nice on the phone.  But they still didn't return the message I left them a few days before ...  :-\