Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: questions about yale app  (Read 422 times)

halftheloop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
questions about yale app
« on: January 04, 2008, 10:07:50 PM »
1) for the 6 questions (4-10) they ask you to put on "separate" page of paper, does that necessarily mean ONE question per page, or can you put several on one page if they fit, and then use separate pages for your 250 and PS?

2) Is the question about what you've done since you graduate supposed to a simple, straightforward paragaph or is it supposed to be a page long chronicle of how you have changed the world and discovered who you are?

3) Despite these questions, is the consensus that they won't hate you if you do decided to attach a resume?

halftheloop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: questions about yale app
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 10:24:06 PM »
i find it hard to believe that no one here applied to yale...

Hannibal

• Sr. Citizen
  • I love it when a plan comes together
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 11:28:52 PM »
1) I generally put one question on each page with one exception where I was able to fit two on one page.  My PS and 250 were also on separate pages.

2) I used a simple paragraph to describe what I had done since graduation and made reference to my PS which addressed the topic more fully.

3) I did not send in a resume because I was able to fit 90% of my resume information in the answers for questions 4-8.

Hope it helps.  Hope I did it right.  I guess we'll find out in the coming weeks.
Attending: Stanford
In: Yale, Stanford, Harvard, Chicago($$$), Berkeley, Michigan($$$$), Columbia($$$$), Penn($$$$), Virginia($$$$), Duke($$$$), Northwestern($$$$)

alexb240

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 11:26:13 AM »
I crammed my answers to all of the questions onto one page. I kept my answers simple and brief. I did this in part because I included a resume, and I didn't want the information to be redundant.

I am still in UG, but I would advocate a concise approach. In my opinion, they're not looking for an extended statement filled with rhetorical flightiness -- rather, they're looking for one or two pages that they can use to quickly refer to the things you've been doing.