Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CLS Regular Decision Support Thread  (Read 54854 times)

abbygal0330

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: CLS Regular Decision Support Thread
« Reply #610 on: April 17, 2008, 12:36:45 PM »
Waitlist snail mail this morning.

Not surprised, wanted to get in, but I am not sure I would have selected them over NYU or NU.

So sorry about that Moisy! It seems like a lot of waitlists have gone out the last couple days-- not too many rejections though, which I suppose is a good thing.

Do you think you'll withdraw?
Harvard Law 2011

jdxf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 17, 2008, 02:05:03 PM »
Waitlist snail mail this morning.

Not surprised, wanted to get in, but I am not sure I would have selected them over NYU or NU.

sorry to hear that
good luck!
not decided...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 17, 2008, 02:42:03 PM »
Still nothing.

ihatechoosingusernames

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 17, 2008, 05:03:58 PM »
i just got a waitlist e-mail

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 18, 2008, 02:30:12 PM »
I just got a Reserve e-mail that said a final decision will be made by the end of may. I'm confused. Is this a deferal or waitlist?

doos13

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #615 on: April 19, 2008, 02:10:56 PM »
I'm also confused about the waitlist/reserve distinction. Those who were waitlisted: did it mention that Columbia will next contact you at the end of May?

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 19, 2008, 03:40:06 PM »
I don't know if there is different language used to specify when some applicants will hear, but my reserve letter said that I will hear back by the end of May as well.

To my knowledge, CLS does not wait list. I think it's not called a "wait list" because we are not ranked numerically. They say that all applications are reviewed in their entirety.

Does anyone know the likelihood of getting in over the summer? This seems like an awkward year with people applying to a lot of schools. Hopefully they new lsac policy about multiple deposits will work to the waitlisted applicant's favor!

Getting in off the waitlist depends on what the school (any schoo for that matter) needs. If they need high gpas, they will go for those ppl.  If they need more diversity (age, ethnicity, georgraphic), they will go for those applicants.

Columbia 3L

neverborn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 21, 2008, 07:50:06 PM »
reserve/wl.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=neverborn

Michigan ASW: Apr3-5
NYU ASW: Apr18

Michigan 2011.

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 30, 2008, 11:42:22 AM »
I still really love everything about CLS but I have been wondering about the differences in hiring prospects between the nyc law schools and slight lower ranked t14s (esp. considering the recent troubles that 1Ls have been facing in finding summer jobs.) Are the connections from an NYU/CLS considerable enough to turn down a slightly lower ranked t14 (Penn, Michigan, Chicago, etc.)?

I don't think so if the "lower" school gives you good $.
Columbia 3L

CLS2009Student

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 01, 2008, 11:13:27 AM »
I still really love everything about CLS but I have been wondering about the differences in hiring prospects between the nyc law schools and slight lower ranked t14s (esp. considering the recent troubles that 1Ls have been facing in finding summer jobs.) Are the connections from an NYU/CLS considerable enough to turn down a slightly lower ranked t14 (Penn, Michigan, Chicago, etc.)?

Well, I think you are much, much, much more likely to get a great 1L summer job at CLS/NYU compared to the other schools you list.  As for 2L summer jobs and jobs after graduation, the vast majority at what you call the "slightly lower ranked t14s" should still be able to get a very good job without too much effort.  That said, I really do believe it is much easier at CLS (and also NYU).