Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CLS Regular Decision Support Thread  (Read 54961 times)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: CLS Regular Decision Support Thread
« Reply #580 on: April 14, 2008, 01:06:08 PM »
Okay guys, sorry about that. No mail from them. Should come tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up, but what is this based on?

NYU2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 14, 2008, 01:08:12 PM »
Well for those of us put in the "hold" category they said that we would hear back by April 15th at the latest, which is tomorrow.

patty1

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 14, 2008, 01:22:20 PM »
I was deferred as well, but I need to put a seat deposit down for another school today. Should I call Columbia and ask if a decision is being emailed today? ???

stupid33

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 14, 2008, 01:28:37 PM »
patty: what school is that? seems like most schools ask for deposits at the end, beginning or the 15th of the month.
cls did say they were going to give out responses to all those held by april 15th. assuming they keep their word, is it too late for you to hear tomorrow? alternatively, you could ask the school requiring the seat deposit for an extension (by 1 day).
i would just be a little wary contacting admissions offices about this, since they already firmly said by april 15. just my 2cents.

patty1

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 14, 2008, 01:34:20 PM »
patty: what school is that? seems like most schools ask for deposits at the end, beginning or the 15th of the month.
cls did say they were going to give out responses to all those held by april 15th. assuming they keep their word, is it too late for you to hear tomorrow? alternatively, you could ask the school requiring the seat deposit for an extension (by 1 day).
i would just be a little wary contacting admissions offices about this, since they already firmly said by april 15. just my 2cents.
on

It is Cardozo full tuition, so I really do not want to ask them to wait for one more day since the money is guaranteed  :)Do not want to seem ungrateful. I am not sure if the seat deposit is binding and suspect that it is with this type of $$$

Re Columbia: I am wary too...

Suggestions?

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: April 14, 2008, 01:50:19 PM »
I was deferred as well, but I need to put a seat deposit down for another school today. Should I call Columbia and ask if a decision is being emailed today? ???

call and explain your situation
Columbia 3L

BurtsBees

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 14, 2008, 03:32:40 PM »
I don't think Cardoza will care.  Ask for a two day extension and you will likely be fine.

jdxf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 14, 2008, 05:28:16 PM »
Okay guys, sorry about that. No mail from them. Should come tomorrow.
if it's snail mail, should we assume bad news?
since it seems the acceptances were sent via email.
not decided...

jdxf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 14, 2008, 05:32:50 PM »

call and explain your situation

i did.
i was told to send an email explaining this and they will email the decision rather than mail it to me.
it seems i should be expecting bad news.
not decided...

jdxf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 14, 2008, 06:14:24 PM »
I'm worried too jdxf. Have any decisions been received today? There were only a handful of def, accepted on LSN. Could that be all?

well,  according to the admissons office, they will send out lots of decisions tomorrow via snail mail.
doesn't look too good to me....
not decided...