Law School Discussion

CLS Regular Decision Support Thread

CLS Regular Decision Support Thread
« on: January 04, 2008, 03:19:12 PM »
Just wanted to start a thread for everyone who applied to CLS RD early and is expecting a decision in the next three to four weeks!

Best of luck to everyone.  Let's keep this alive until then :)

ghil04

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: CLS Regular Decision Support Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 03:31:51 PM »
I just got an email from the associate dir. of admissions asking me to clarify something on my resume.  UMich asked about the same discrepancy so hopefully my explanation helps. 

Anyways, this is nuts - I was hoping to hear back sooner but it looks like most of us won't find out until the end of the month.

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 03:34:07 PM »
Does Oct. 24th count as early? If so, count me in.

NYU/CLS are my top choices. Now that I got into NYU, I would be perfectly fine with being rejected everywhere else. Ok, that would hurt my ego a little, but you get my point. I just worry that if I some how manage to get into Columbia too, I'm going to have an impossible decision to make.

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 03:35:57 PM »

NYU/CLS are my top choices. Now that I got into NYU, I would be perfectly fine with being rejected everywhere else. Ok, that would hurt my ego a little, but you get my point. I just worry that if I some how manage to get into Columbia too, I'm going to have an impossible a really easy decision to make (CLS) decision to make.

fixt  ;)

Good luck to all of you.  I think that the acceptances start rolling out in mid-late January.

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 03:40:12 PM »

NYU/CLS are my top choices. Now that I got into NYU, I would be perfectly fine with being rejected everywhere else. Ok, that would hurt my ego a little, but you get my point. I just worry that if I some how manage to get into Columbia too, I'm going to have an impossible a really easy decision to make (CLS) decision to make.

fixt  ;)

Good luck to all of you.  I think that the acceptances start rolling out in mid-late January.

Haha. Well, if I'm lucky enough to have to make such a decision, I look forward to your trolling pushing me in the CLS direction.

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 04:14:45 PM »
I'd like to think I can get in to CLS, but I'm feeling I've only a 50/50 chance. Wish I got a question or two more right on the LSAT...then I'd feel good :(

It's one of my top (realistic) choices, too...

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 04:17:12 PM »
I am anxiously awaiting a decision from CLS as well.  I miss New York a lot, and would love to go back for law school.  I also sat in on a Civil Procedure class at Columbia and dug it a lot.  C'mon Columbia...

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 04:17:49 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much, Hammerstein. Good luck, everyone!

bohemian_revolution

• le fabuleux destin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 04:19:24 PM »
tag

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 04:21:37 PM »
I am anxiously awaiting a decision from CLS as well.  I miss New York a lot, and would love to go back for law school.  I also sat in on a Civil Procedure class at Columbia and dug it a lot.  C'mon Columbia...

I'm starting to want to go back to NYC, also.  I'm really surprised -- I used to hate it, especially when I started going to college.