Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Post Office  (Read 1109 times)

scipiv

• View Profile
    • Email
Post Office
« on: January 03, 2008, 08:07:29 PM »
So I went to the Post Office yesterday and took notice of a sign stating that they had gone to 41 cent stamps. I didn't remember the change and when I checked, the stamps I had at home were only 39. So it looks like the pre-addressed and stamped envelopes that I gave my recommenders had insufficient postage adhered. Awesome. I know that the letters were mailed in approximately two weeks ago and, with the holidays, nothing has shown up on LSAC yet. All of my apps have been filled out and reports requested and sent to the schools. The schools are only waiting on my LORs. I don't know what to do.

I gave each of my three recommenders a general form to fill out with their information and mail in. I want to ask them to fax in their letters tomorrow just in case, but am worried that, because I used the general forms, duplicate LORs could be sent to some schools in place of another (ie if they receive John Smith's letter by fax and process it and then by mail and process it before any others, his letter will be my two LORs for any particular school). Does that make sense? Should I just go to them, have them fax in their letters, and go from there? Should I have them use another general form or fill out forms for each recommender and have them use that?

Any advice would be great!

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Post Office
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 08:09:29 PM »
what return address is on the envelopes?

scipiv

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 08:10:47 PM »
I didn't put a return address on the envelopes - I left that to them. I wasn't sure what address they wanted to use and that's why I gave them a generic recommender form to fill out.

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 08:13:06 PM »
I would say go back and use the pre-filled in forms, then direct each letter towards each school.

pwr99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 06:00:38 PM »
I wouldn't be too worried; I'm sure the letters got there with $0.02 insufficient postage.  I received a letter a few weeks ago with only a $0.39 stamp.  The letter got to me without any delay or complications.

Hammerstein

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 06:03:05 PM »
So I went to the Post Office yesterday and took notice of a sign stating that they had gone to 41 cent stamps. I didn't remember the change and when I checked, the stamps I had at home were only 39. So it looks like the pre-addressed and stamped envelopes that I gave my recommenders had insufficient postage adhered. Awesome. I know that the letters were mailed in approximately two weeks ago and, with the holidays, nothing has shown up on LSAC yet. All of my apps have been filled out and reports requested and sent to the schools. The schools are only waiting on my LORs. I don't know what to do.

I gave each of my three recommenders a general form to fill out with their information and mail in. I want to ask them to fax in their letters tomorrow just in case, but am worried that, because I used the general forms, duplicate LORs could be sent to some schools in place of another (ie if they receive John Smith's letter by fax and process it and then by mail and process it before any others, his letter will be my two LORs for any particular school). Does that make sense? Should I just go to them, have them fax in their letters, and go from there? Should I have them use another general form or fill out forms for each recommender and have them use that?

Any advice would be great!

Just to make sure:  the stamps in question say "39" instead of "First Class," right?  If they were the latter, it doesn't matter how much you paid for them -- the still are equivalent to 41 cents.
CLS 2011.  All done.