Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Passsing off NYLS as NYU  (Read 3616 times)

epicac

• press play
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Passsing off NYLS as NYU
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 12:05:22 PM »
lol...is Cooley allowed to make up rankings like that? Misleading people has to be illegal right?

oh, they're not made up.  they're based on 32 solid factors, like number of seats in the library and square footage of the law school.

Hey, thanks for the link.
riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels...

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 10:49:47 PM »
lol...is Cooley allowed to make up rankings like that? Misleading people has to be illegal right?

oh, they're not made up.  they're based on 32 solid factors, like number of seats in the library and square footage of the law school.

Hey, thanks for the link.

no prob!
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

obamavshilary

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2008, 12:53:32 AM »
argh everyone right now is mistaking GW for Georgetown.  When I'm telling them I'm moving to DC for law school - GW, they repeat it later to someone else as "Erica is going to Georgetown!"  It's beyond humbling to say, "er no, actually it's GW".  I mean it's nothing to be ashamed of it just sucks.  This has happened to be at least 3 times.

Which is why I'm happy I got into GULC.  :)

obamavshilary

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 01:09:23 AM »
argh everyone right now is mistaking GW for Georgetown.  When I'm telling them I'm moving to DC for law school - GW, they repeat it later to someone else as "Erica is going to Georgetown!"  It's beyond humbling to say, "er no, actually it's GW".  I mean it's nothing to be ashamed of it just sucks.  This has happened to be at least 3 times.

that is pretty annoying, but it's better than NYU-NYLS.  GULC and GW are far more comparable in my humble opinion.

If by comparable you mean a ten point different in Overall Score according to the US News Rankings, then maybe.

GULC's Peer assesement score: 4.1 vs GW's 3.4.
GULC's Assessment by lawyers/judges: 4.3 vs GW's 3.8.
GULC students clerking: 15% vs GW's 10%.

GW is not a bad school but you can't call them comparable.

Even USC (basically a TTT school with no prestige and full of frat boys) has an overall score of 69 vs GW's 62.

Sorry, just telling it how it is.

obamavshilary

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2008, 01:19:34 AM »
Okay I think I was too harsh in my words about USC. LOL. I'm just saying that GW is not comparable to GULC. There are too many law schools with the name of presidents that it sounds so corny. You've got Franklin Pierce, Thomas Jefferson, Lincoln, and a bunch of other TTT schools with president's names. A lot of people don't know the difference.

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 09:44:14 PM »

that is pretty annoying, but it's better than NYU-NYLS.  GULC and GW are far more comparable in my humble opinion.

If by comparable you mean a ten point different in Overall Score according to the US News Rankings, then maybe.

GULC's Peer assesement score: 4.1 vs GW's 3.4.
GULC's Assessment by lawyers/judges: 4.3 vs GW's 3.8.
GULC students clerking: 15% vs GW's 10%.

GW is not a bad school but you can't call them comparable.

Even USC (basically a TTT school with no prestige and full of frat boys) has an overall score of 69 vs GW's 62.

Sorry, just telling it how it is.

Get off of your GULC high horse for Christ's sake. You got into the diploma mill of the T14 and are among one of the 2,219 other people who got an offer of admission.

Air Force JAG Corps

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 12:23:51 AM »

Which is why I'm happy I got into GULC.  :)

What the @#!* is this? Are you shitting me?
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

UVAnProud2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2008, 03:20:08 AM »
lol at this thread.