;

Author Topic: Emory  (Read 1755 times)

etmerian

• Sr. Citizen
  • UM '11
    • View Profile
Emory
« on: January 03, 2008, 01:51:34 PM »
Anyone else waiting not-so-patiently for an answer?  I went complete on 10/5 and it hasn't moved since.  On lawschoolnumbers a bunch of people say they got phone calls starting right before Christmas....anyone have any thoughts on this?  It's my #1 choice so I'm going a little crazy here :'(

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
  • And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Newjoetm
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Emory
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 01:52:33 PM »
Same here.

gowi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Emory '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 02:00:04 PM »
What's your GPA? Are you sure you're complete? Looks like they're trying to get all of the 166er's in pretty soon. They are calling today though (right?) so they just may not be to you yet. If you haven't by January 15th then I'd call.

etmerian

• Sr. Citizen
  • UM '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 02:04:52 PM »
What's your GPA? Are you sure you're complete? Looks like they're trying to get all of the 166er's in pretty soon. They are calling today though (right?) so they just may not be to you yet. If you haven't by January 15th then I'd call.

My GPA is yucky - 2.9, from an Ivy though so I'm hoping they might excuse it.  The people who said they got phone calls got them before Christmas, like 12/18 and 12/19.  I've seen people with numbers lower than mine and higher than mine get in though - even LSAT's in the 150's.

jdr145

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 02:07:32 PM »
I juuuuuust got a phone call last night.  Don't worry yet :)
Accepted: Michigan, GULC, UNC, Texas($), Vanderbilt($$$), WUSTL($$$), Rutgers-Camden($$)(W), UWashington(W), UCLA(W), OSU(W), Fordham($$)(W), GWU(W), Emory ($$), USC(W), BU(W)
Rejected:
WL: Columbia, Duke

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=jdr145

etmerian

• Sr. Citizen
  • UM '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 02:10:21 PM »
What is up with all these phone calls everyone's getting?  I never knew they did that...I thought you had to wait for snail mail and that's it.

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 02:10:34 PM »
I juuuuuust got a phone call last night.  Don't worry yet :)

Agreed.  I got a call at 7 p.m., as I was working out.

gowi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Emory '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 02:11:14 PM »

My GPA is yucky - 2.9, from an Ivy though so I'm hoping they might excuse it.  The people who said they got phone calls got them before Christmas, like 12/18 and 12/19.  I've seen people with numbers lower than mine and higher than mine get in though - even LSAT's in the 150's.

There's a 169 with a 3.2 waiting along with you and it's one of his top choices. I say give it another week or two before you start worrying.

Also, when you see an unusually low stat (LSAT or GPA admitted) check the soft factors.  ;)

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
  • And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Newjoetm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 02:12:14 PM »
What happens if you don't pick up the phone?

jdr145

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 02:12:52 PM »
What happens if you don't pick up the phone?

answering machines and voicemail save the day
Accepted: Michigan, GULC, UNC, Texas($), Vanderbilt($$$), WUSTL($$$), Rutgers-Camden($$)(W), UWashington(W), UCLA(W), OSU(W), Fordham($$)(W), GWU(W), Emory ($$), USC(W), BU(W)
Rejected:
WL: Columbia, Duke

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=jdr145