Law School Discussion

"Informal" Phone Interview with Dean of Admissions at ND

jcheste8

• Getting excited about law school!!
    • View Profile
"Informal" Phone Interview with Dean of Admissions at ND
« on: January 03, 2008, 08:13:15 AM »
I have an informal phone interview with the Dean of Admission at Notre Dame today. I was waitlisted by ND last month after applying Early Decision. ND doesn't offer formal interviews but I e-mailed the office to try and show (yes I know it's early in the waitlist process) why I wanted to attend ND. Any suggestions, tips, anything for me to think or talk about? Thanks!!!!

dpwc

• View Profile
Re: "Informal" Phone Interview with Dean of Admissions at ND
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 10:41:20 AM »
From your LSN I gather you will attend upon acceptance. Make sure they know that, but don't sound too desperate and don't beg. Stroke their ego a bit- they're Notre Dame, I'm sure you can talk about how you've wanted to attend since you were a kid bc of the prestige and even mystique that comes with it. I don't know what religion you are, but if possible I'd mention that along with other things that sets ND apart. Overall, just be yourself. Not too nervous, but not too casual- you are talking to a dean of your potential law school.*

*I'm just guessing here. I have no experience on either side, but if I was in your position this is what I would do.

Best of luck for the interview and admission.

Shark Week

• officially a Michigan troll now
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 11:27:35 AM »
They are big into ethics.

Absolutely. Can't go wrong talking about how you value their ethical approach to the law, as long as you can back it up. Shouldn't be hard, they're really proud of their focus on professional ethics and it's all over their literature.

jcheste8

• Getting excited about law school!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »
Thanks for the help guys!!!!! I think I did pretty decent and hopefully I helped out my application!!!! ;D ;D