Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Finish Paralegal Studies???  (Read 740 times)

camarogirlj

• View Profile
    • Email
Finish Paralegal Studies???
« on: January 02, 2008, 08:08:35 PM »
A bit off the law school topic, but I need help nonetheless.

I'm working at a large firm and doing a paralegal certificate at an ABA accredited law school.  I only started this program because I waited too long to take the LSAT for entry into law school for fall of '07, but now I'm admitted at a couple of schools for THIS fall. 

Knowing I will be in law school this fall do I stick out paralegal classes till July?
It is really a pain in the ass and I'd be spending about another $4,000 for the last two quarters which is money that could be used towards law school.  It would also be nice to have my Tues/Thurs nights and Saturday mornings back till the fall.

Any comments???

AmyWaxFanClubPresident

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Finish Paralegal Studies???
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 08:14:48 PM »
I can not think of any reason why you would keep doing the program.  Waste of money, time, and happiness.
"This semester I will plunge you into the slough of despair, and when you are at your most desolate and are ready to give up, I will give you some light" - Professor Amy Wax

jalex519

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 10:12:41 PM »
I can not think of any reason why you would keep doing the program.  Waste of money, time, and happiness.

I agree.
2L and counting...

camarogirlj

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 01:04:49 PM »
Thanks for your replies...I was already leaning that way and I withdrew from classes this morning!  A big relief to not have to continue with that...topic closed as far as I'm concerned (not that I can delete it or anything)

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 06:38:14 AM »
Thanks for your replies...I was already leaning that way and I withdrew from classes this morning!  A big relief to not have to continue with that...topic closed as far as I'm concerned (not that I can delete it or anything)

Good choice. Paralegal garbage is worthless once you have a JD. Only reason to stay would have been if you thought that you would probably decide that law school "wasn't for you".
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 07:01:55 AM »
Could be handy when you get disbarred! No seriously, right decision, this would be pointless to you.