Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fordham Application Status Checker  (Read 46157 times)

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Fordham Application Status Checker
« Reply #310 on: March 18, 2008, 05:20:18 PM »
I'm actually leaning towards GW over WashU. I have a feeling GW is going to climb in the rankings this year anyway, I'd prefer to practice in NY or DC, and the starting salary and OCI options seem stronger for east coast jobs. That's a decent rationale, no?

That's the rationale I'd use.

If you squirm on over to the "Students & Graduates" Board (making a new account and all), you'll find a bunch of GWU students. They seem very vocal and willing to speak about their school. So give that a shot to get candid opinions.

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 18, 2008, 05:23:04 PM »
How is this thread 39 pages?!

Because half of LSD is waiting on a decision by Fordham.   :D

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 18, 2008, 07:51:13 PM »
still complete  ::)

best picture since heidi klum.  good job!

TITCR. Glad you didn't choose Kendra, either.

glad you guys approve. and kendra- ew.

Holy isn't that pretty.  Should have kept Heidi. Holy looks like she had 20pound of botox injected into her face.

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 19, 2008, 04:01:17 PM »
Just got the email offering me admission!

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 19, 2008, 04:04:59 PM »
Thanks!

Not sure about number one, but definitely being considered strongly at this point. Debating between SMU and Fordham (SMU offered 75K, quite enticing).

Things could change if Emory or WashU decide to let me in!

Good luck to everyone else!

PatientlyWaiting

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 19, 2008, 05:16:23 PM »
I just checked, Waitlisted as of yesterday.  My file was complete on Jan. 9th.  Out of curiosity, can anyone who has been accepted tell us when the deposit is due?

Thanks!

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 19, 2008, 05:29:46 PM »
Thanks!

Not sure about number one, but definitely being considered strongly at this point. Debating between SMU and Fordham (SMU offered 75K, quite enticing).

If you get into WashU, would you go there over Fordham? I'll go if you go, and if I don't get into a T14 and decide not to go to GW, heh.

Definitely. Sounds like a good deal to me. haha... I'm really for a school like WashU, seems relaxed, and easy going.. must be wonderful..

I don't know when the deposit is due; i guess all that info. will come with the actual letter. Someone else who has the letter would probably know.

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 19, 2008, 05:38:20 PM »
Thanks!

If you get into WashU, would you go there over Fordham? I'll go if you go, and if I don't get into a T14 and decide not to go to GW, heh.

Definitely. Sounds like a good deal to me. haha... I'm really for a school like WashU, seems relaxed, and easy going.. must be wonderful..

I don't know when the deposit is due; i guess all that info. will come with the actual letter. Someone else who has the letter would probably know.

Think WashU would be better for me then? I want to practice biglaw in nyc

Go to Fordham then.. You'd get that much easier, I'd say. I don't think there's a substantive difference in the New York market in favor of Wash U despite its higher ranking. In fact, I'd say there must be a Fordham bias.

If not that, then you have to give in and go to GWU. You did say you wanted either NY or DC. That makes more sense. Wash U is nice to have has an option at this point, not a primary choice.

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 19, 2008, 05:53:50 PM »
True. I'm still only complete at Fordham though, so no idea if I'll even get in.

So GW > WashU > Fordham? What order for me? I'm an approval-seeker like that  :o

GW = (>) Fordham > Wash U

This is if your goal is still to be in either the DC market and NY market. Ask yourself which market you want more. If NY, Fordham; If DC, GW. If they're equal, I think I'd go with which one "feels" more right for you. I'd lean towards GW, though, b/c it's the second best school in its city as opposed to Fordham which is third (or fourth).

stephster416

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #319 on: March 19, 2008, 08:26:55 PM »
In at Fordham via e-mail today! But my status checker STILL says complete, of course.
In - Cornell, Brooklyn, Cardozo ($$$), Baylor ($$$), Notre Dame ($), Washington & Lee ($$), Loyola ($)