Law School Discussion

Fordham Application Status Checker

Re: Fordham Application Status Checker
« Reply #300 on: March 18, 2008, 09:53:30 AM »
I went complete like, late January I think.  I was/am a little slow on the law school game, so I didn't realize there was a Application Status Checker.  I was definitely complete by Feb 5th if that helps, but I have a feeling it was a little earlier than that.

« Reply #301 on: March 18, 2008, 10:21:51 AM »
Denied! Ridiculous, and I was at least waitlisted at higher ranked schools. Is it now out of question to request consideration for the Part Time program?

164/3.25, some decent career/soft factors. What bastards.

« Reply #302 on: March 18, 2008, 10:33:25 AM »
Denied! Ridiculous, and I was at least waitlisted at higher ranked schools. Is it now out of question to request consideration for the Part Time program?

164/3.25, some decent career/soft factors. What bastards.

I think if you did PT originally, then you would probably have a good shot. I don't know if the asking for reconsideration thing will work, but it can't hurt you right now, can it?

Let us know how it goes, good luck.

« Reply #303 on: March 18, 2008, 10:44:56 AM »
I'm still at 2nd evaluation.  This is crazy, I have been complete since October.

« Reply #304 on: March 18, 2008, 11:04:06 AM »
I'm still at 2nd evaluation.  This is crazy, I have been complete since October.

I hear you.  This is absurd.

« Reply #305 on: March 18, 2008, 11:20:21 AM »
How is that ridiculous?  I think many could have predicted that.  Is it upsetting?  Sure, sorry to hear it.  But it's not out of this world unexpected.

If Georgetown and GW felt I was worthy enough to be waitlisted for their full-time program, why wouldn't a school like Fordham? Maybe they're just nervous about their dwindling rankings and reputation, and better ranked schools are more confident in considering a wider range of numbers.

I really just wanted to give NYC a last shot. I live here, but I have no problem going to DC for school.

« Reply #306 on: March 18, 2008, 02:08:08 PM »
So I typed something but it didn't go through and now I have to retype!

As you may remember, I called Fordham yesterday. The person who answered basically took down my number and told me he'd call me back. He never called me back.

Well, that is until today at lunch. I get a call and he tells my that my status hasn't been updated but that they have made a decision on my file. He said that the decision was FAVORABLE! (Of course, I had to discuss with him the possible meanings of "favorable" and it is what i thought it meant)

Now I'm going to have to figure out what's the best school for me based on all factors considered. I'm not updating my LSN until I receive some form of official notice, just in case he was mistaken.

Good luck to those who remain!

« Reply #307 on: March 18, 2008, 02:10:45 PM »
I guess it did go through the first time. Now I can't delete either one!

« Reply #308 on: March 18, 2008, 02:13:16 PM »
So I typed something but it didn't go through and now I have to retype!

As you may remember, I called Fordham yesterday. The person who answered basically took down my number and told me he'd call me back. He never called me back.

Well, that is until today at lunch. I get a call and he tells my that my status hasn't been updated but that they have made a decision on my file. He said that the decision was FAVORABLE! (Of course, I had to discuss with him the possible meanings of "favorable" and it is what i thought it meant)

Now I'm going to have to figure out what's the best school for me based on all factors considered. I'm not updating my LSN until I receive some form of official notice, just in case he was mistaken.

Good luck to those who remain!

Would you rather go to GW or Fordham?

GW's not an option for me unfortunately. I was waitlisted. But I think with all things considered, I'd go to GW over Fordham.

« Reply #309 on: March 18, 2008, 02:16:48 PM »
still complete  ::)

best picture since heidi klum.  good job!