Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fordham Application Status Checker  (Read 45314 times)

alexbry

• View Profile
Re: Fordham Application Status Checker
« Reply #280 on: March 17, 2008, 05:10:49 PM »
Schools seem to be taking a longer time to respond this cycle. I wonder if it's a response to declining applications and to maintain yield integrity...

Is this a year of declining apps? i know that penn says that they have a big increase.

mzing12

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 17, 2008, 05:28:07 PM »
What's interesting is, they say there's been an increase in applications, but not -unique- applications. It's strange how many schools have extended their deadlines by as much as -2 months-, including big names like Georgetown. If they were confident they had an excess of unique applications, they would by no means have bothered to do that since it probably costs them a lot of money in staff hours to dig through the things.

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 17, 2008, 05:39:02 PM »
No information about the status checker on the call.

I don't know if we can draw any conclusions from school's extending their deadlines. From the information some people have provided, it seems that Georgetown has a history of extending its deadline, although I'm not sure if this time it was extended for a longer period of time or what.

Another argument is that schools extend their deadline so that they can get more apps. so as to be able to reject more applicants and be able to protect the integrity of their yield.

newtocali

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 17, 2008, 06:42:21 PM »
i hope ya'll are right about the higher # of WL applicants this year, and hopefully being moved into the accepted pile...just got 2 WLs in 2 days.

called fordham, they said the status checker thingy will be updated on wed if anyone is interested.
10/07 - 158
02/08 - 161

so far - UM. USF. Pacific. UCD!!!
unfortunates - UCB.
waitlisting on - WCL. UCH.
waiting on - FU PT. CWRU. BNC.

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 17, 2008, 09:32:12 PM »
i hope ya'll are right about the higher # of WL applicants this year, and hopefully being moved into the accepted pile...just got 2 WLs in 2 days.

called fordham, they said the status checker thingy will be updated on wed if anyone is interested.

Thanks I'm interested.  I applied beginning of January... been complete for almost two months now.

Not that I'm saying that it won't be updated on Wednesday, but they told Unwdre that it would be updated last week sometime and that never happened.

I'm just really on the edge of my seat right now because I really have only three schools to hear from before I know where I'm going. I don't anticipate good news from those three, but still need to know, for sure.

Hi, Fordham AdComms! (I have a feeling that they must be watching this thread, haha)

Shinjuku

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: March 17, 2008, 09:43:51 PM »

that would be swell.

if the higher WL numbers have to do with yield protection though, i'm pretty sure i'm not in that group (with my numbers).  I'm probably just the standard borderline applicant.

anyone have any idea when there will be movement on the WL?  i assume it won't be for a while, especially for us PT folk.
BLS '11

My LSN

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 17, 2008, 09:59:52 PM »
I'm thinking of calling Fordham tomorrow to find out when I should be expecting a decision.  I really do not understand why they are being so slow, when schools in their rank tier require deposit by mid April.

Amistad

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 17, 2008, 11:36:09 PM »
Is anyone else getting rediculously resentful towards Fordham? I've been complete for two months as well, and it's definitely getting close to go time in terms of actually choosing where to go, and I'm really starting to like, hate them a little?
3.64/166

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 18, 2008, 12:07:30 PM »
I tried logging on to the status checker, but i get an "This Page Could Not Be Loaded" thing. Anyone else having this problem or is it my internet?

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 18, 2008, 12:08:28 PM »
Well that was short lived, it works fine now. Still waiting...