Law School Discussion

Fordham Application Status Checker

Re: Fordham Application Status Checker
« Reply #240 on: March 12, 2008, 07:53:57 PM »
So it appears that they did lie!!! Who woulda thunk it, huh? I guess we can hope for tomorrow.

« Reply #241 on: March 13, 2008, 10:34:19 AM »
What do we expect from the machine that is Fordham today? Someone else want to step up to the plate and call them to see where we stand regarding the status checker? Granted, they'll just lie to us like they did to Unwdre, but it keeps the spirit of things alive. Gives us something to hope for. I would call, but I'm at work, unfortunately, but if by lunch, no one has said anything, I might give it a shot.

I refuse to let this thread die until we all find out.

« Reply #242 on: March 13, 2008, 11:36:10 AM »
I'm definitely not calling again.  They know my name by now :)    Come on someone else call!!!!

« Reply #243 on: March 13, 2008, 12:03:27 PM »
I go to lunch around 12 Pacific. I'll input the number into my cell and make the call. I'll update everyone after I'm done talking to them. Wish me luck.

« Reply #244 on: March 13, 2008, 02:00:15 PM »
Update:

As promised, I would call at lunch if no one else did, and since no one claimed to have done so or that they will call, I called. The lady on the phone was really nice and, in some irrational way, it has made me feel good about the school. She looked me up on her computer and commented that the Assistant Dean came in on Monday and asked what was going on with those who went complete in November. So she knows that they should be working on it now. She doesn't think the committee comes back until tomorrow, though. She told me that hopefully my status should change by Monday, and if it isn't changed by Monday, then I should call again.

I don't know what this means for the rest of the applicants, but if you went complete in November (or thereabouts), I think we can assume that they're working on us now.

« Reply #245 on: March 13, 2008, 02:04:22 PM »
Update:

As promised, I would call at lunch if no one else did, and since no one claimed to have done so or that they will call, I called. The lady on the phone was really nice and, in some irrational way, it has made me feel good about the school. She looked me up on her computer and commented that the Assistant Dean came in on Monday and asked what was going on with those who went complete in November. So she knows that they should be working on it now. She doesn't think the committee comes back until tomorrow, though. She told me that hopefully my status should change by Monday, and if it isn't changed by Monday, then I should call again.

I don't know what this means for the rest of the applicants, but if you went complete in November (or thereabouts), I think we can assume that they're working on us now.

wow.  so the assistant dean does not come in everyday...i thought, especially this time of the year, they should be working like overtime everyday.  omfg.

« Reply #246 on: March 13, 2008, 02:04:52 PM »
thanks nischay btw.

« Reply #247 on: March 13, 2008, 02:07:51 PM »
haha.. no problem. I'm sure the assistant dean does some work law school related somewhere. Maybe these offices are separated. I've never been to Fordham. Actually never been to NY. Hope I get in, gives me an excuse to visit.

« Reply #248 on: March 13, 2008, 02:18:22 PM »
Update:

wow.  so the assistant dean does not come in everyday...i thought, especially this time of the year, they should be working like overtime everyday.  omfg.

The assistant dean for admissions has been out of the office since last friday.

« Reply #249 on: March 13, 2008, 02:22:24 PM »
I refrain from having a "top" choice because I shun the disappointment that may result by not getting into my top choice school.

If I do get into Fordham, I would consider it sincerely. I have a few other schools that I'm waiting to hear from and they could easily sway me, but definitely, I would think long and hard about Fordham and what I want out of my future career.

Seems like a great school and would love to attend.