Law School Discussion

Fordham Application Status Checker

Re: Fordham Application Status Checker
« Reply #230 on: March 12, 2008, 12:02:06 PM »
Any updates??!

Update: Fordham is slow and they're starting to get on my nerves.

I would like to second this. Is anyone else thinking that what they said to Unwdre was something to just get him off their backs? That, indeed, today is not a real update day? And even if it is an update day, how many of us actually expect to see something new? Something that may actually give us an update? They should start including updates that say "we've looked at your application, and thought that it was so funny that we're going to hold onto longer so that a few months from now when we're getting sick and tired of picking amongst the real candidates and in dire need of a break, we can pick up your app. and have a good  laugh."

« Reply #231 on: March 12, 2008, 12:12:00 PM »
Any updates??!

Update: Fordham is slow and they're starting to get on my nerves.

I would like to second this. Is anyone else thinking that what they said to Unwdre was something to just get him off their backs? That, indeed, today is not a real update day? And even if it is an update day, how many of us actually expect to see something new? Something that may actually give us an update? They should start including updates that say "we've looked at your application, and thought that it was so funny that we're going to hold onto longer so that a few months from now when we're getting sick and tired of picking amongst the real candidates and in dire need of a break, we can pick up your app. and have a good  laugh."

Lol. What would Michael Clayton do?

Isn't he just a "cleaner"? Doing the most crucial of jobs, cleaning up big messes. Fordham is a big mess. I would imagine he revamps the admissions at the law school and instills adcomms with the ability to wade through a higher number of applications at a faster rate, with greater accuracy in determining who should be accepted and who should not be.

« Reply #232 on: March 12, 2008, 12:31:16 PM »
Is a cleaner the same thing as a staff attorney?  :P

I think he got paid more. So there's probably slight difference, at best. Should've stuck with the DA gig.

« Reply #233 on: March 12, 2008, 12:42:07 PM »
I called again and this time the person did not mention anything about an update.  So I'm beginning to feel like I was lied to :(

« Reply #234 on: March 12, 2008, 01:08:20 PM »
It's okay, we were all lied to. However, I'm sure the person didn't lie about a decision being made on your app. That seems like something you wouldn't lie about.

Just gotta wait.

« Reply #235 on: March 12, 2008, 01:14:14 PM »
Good luck you guys! I'm sure we're all in. LSD'ers are practically auto-admits

Knew I should've put "LSDer" on my Resume!!! Send in an updated copy??

« Reply #236 on: March 12, 2008, 01:18:20 PM »
Ok i'm going nuts.  Someone else call and ask when the site will be updated.

« Reply #237 on: March 12, 2008, 02:02:46 PM »
From what I remember about the last two status updates, they both happened after office hours were closed. I think they roughly started around 5PM or 6PM pacific time. The last status updater lasted through the night. The one before that was updated around 8PM Pacific.

So if they're keeping a similar schedule, we can anticipate them to start updating after they leave for the day. Not sure when to expect it be complete, though.

« Reply #238 on: March 12, 2008, 02:06:03 PM »
I'm Thinking after their offices close tonight: just after 7pm EST... pretty sure that's what happened on their previous Monday update

« Reply #239 on: March 12, 2008, 03:06:41 PM »
Mine's not updating yet. Could be my browser.

Nah. You'll know when it's updating because it won't let you log-in. There'll be a message in lieu of the usual login information that will read something to the effect of "Status Checker is being updated."