Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Happy New Year 2008 - How Did You Ring It In?  (Read 2071 times)

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Year 2008 - How Did You Ring It In?
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 03:08:33 PM »
We had a quiet New Years Eve.  Just me and the hubby at home. We spent New Years Day with the family--aunts and cousins on both sides.

As for that comment about the fiancee's family, inlaws are a part of life.  Some of them, no matter how hard you try, will just get on your last nerve.  But for the sake of your spouse, try your best to make peace and avoid conflict

True but up to a certain point. 

When she was visiting us, my brother's ex was so negative I had to say something after the 6th time.  Like my mom would say to my brother "You take really nice pics [he's a freelance photographer] or you wrapped the gift so nicely"  And the ex would say "that's the only thing he could do right"  or something to that effect.  That's inappropriate and really unnecessary. 

But yeah when I was engaged, I couldn't stand his mom but I just had to grin and bear it for the most part. His mom was just so "extra". SINGING about how selfish I was for not marrying her son right away. Yes, Singing.   :D

I would so love one year for it to just be me and the [future] hubby for x-mas and for New Year's.

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

ADL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 03:26:22 PM »
I went to Studio B in Bklyn to see Slick Rick perform and hear Moby spin...i danced so much, my body still hurts.  :P

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 04:41:04 PM »
I went to Studio B in Bklyn to see Slick Rick perform and hear Moby spin...i danced so much, my body still hurts.  :P

Word?  I bet that was nice.  What was the scene like there?
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

ADL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 09:44:55 AM »

it's really laid back as far as attire goes.  some people had on jeans & sneakers, while others were dressed up for the occassion.  the crowd was great!  everyone was there to party, not to pose or fight.  there was a good mixture of people from different backgrounds, which to me, always makes the party better. the dance floor is a nice size & there's a lounge area off to the side.  i never made my way over to the couches...i was too busy dancing!  :D

it was the best decision i made as far as NYE goes.  it was only $30 to get in w/open bar for 2 hrs. & the music...wow!  the party was from 8-8 but i couldn't last any longer than 4:30, by then my friend & i were cripple.

here's the website if you want to check it out:
www.clubstudiob.com/ 

there's a pretty eclectic mix of performers coming up.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 03:01:11 PM »

it's really laid back as far as attire goes.  some people had on jeans & sneakers, while others were dressed up for the occassion.  the crowd was great!  everyone was there to party, not to pose or fight.  there was a good mixture of people from different backgrounds, which to me, always makes the party better. the dance floor is a nice size & there's a lounge area off to the side.  i never made my way over to the couches...i was too busy dancing!  :D

it was the best decision i made as far as NYE goes.  it was only $30 to get in w/open bar for 2 hrs. & the music...wow!  the party was from 8-8 but i couldn't last any longer than 4:30, by then my friend & i were cripple.

here's the website if you want to check it out:
www.clubstudiob.com/ 

there's a pretty eclectic mix of performers coming up.

Very nice!  That sounds like my kinda crowd.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 02:49:46 PM »
worked till 11, went home and ate cheese alone

aw u had to work that late? 
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King