Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: FL Law school sued for disability discrimination  (Read 1772 times)

Curiousblk

• View Profile
FL Law school sued for disability discrimination
« on: December 31, 2007, 06:16:09 PM »
Can a law school be sued if a student flunks out as a result of their disability? Can the student sue the law school because the institution failed to make appropriate accommodations for the disability? Does this student have a case?

I'm not sure if this is relevant but the state is Florida and the law school is St Thomas Law in Miami. I'm working on an article for the Sun Sentinel and I wanted to hear arguments from current law students. Thank you for your responses.

Curiousblk

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 06:17:21 PM »
Can a law school be sued if a student flunks out as a result of their disability? Can the student sue the law school because the institution failed to make appropriate accommodations for the disability? Does this student have a case?

I'm not sure if this is relevant but the state is Florida and the law school is St Thomas Law in Miami. I'm working on an article for the Sun Sentinel and I wanted to hear arguments from current law students. Thank you for your responses.

Curiousblk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 06:18:53 PM »

Curiousblk

• View Profile
Re: Miami legal market
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 06:19:36 PM »

ctt

• View Profile
Re: FL Law school sued for disability discrimination
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 06:54:46 PM »
spamming forums is a bad way to get noticed

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 09:24:46 PM »
you seem want legal opinion, in which case should consult professor or lawyer who specialize in this area or university offices of student affairs, which usually in charge of compliance with disabilities laws.  who really care legal opinion of law students?

anyhoos, you always can sue.  it winning that problem.

check out federal rehabilitation act of 19-whatever hell for incorporating provisions of americans with disabilities act.

presumably it matter of "reasonable" accomodation.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 09:30:11 PM »
this second thread where julie find this post.

shame, shame.  third one merit derision and scorn.