Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Challenge for tier 2 0Ls - find a good job  (Read 34524 times)

dekocards

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • stats
Re: Challenge for tier 2 0Ls - find a good job
« Reply #250 on: May 06, 2008, 06:08:38 PM »
fair enough.  it was mostly the "little bubbles" thing. 

and by using the term "T14", you're feeding the same worldview.  just my opinion, but i think it's a silly term.

That's probably true.  But you've got to speak the language of the people with whom you're trying to communicate.  On the other hand, I'm not trying to say that there aren't elite schools.  Yale is obviously on a different level than other law schools, but that doesn't make the others less worthwhile to attend.

Harsh Reality

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 06, 2008, 07:35:05 PM »
Once you get into the Firm, it doesn't matter what school you come from, it's about your work product and if you can get clients.  You can go to a T4 school but if you have impressive clients raking in millions annually, the Firm can care less what school you went to.  The money you generate for the Firm speaks louder than the school you went to because the Firm is a business at the end of the day.

You can be the most brilliant Harvard law grad but if you can't attract clients if your life depended on it, your a** will be canned.

wiimote

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 14, 2008, 12:54:44 PM »
Once you get into the Firm, it doesn't matter what school you come from, it's about your work product and if you can get clients.  You can go to a T4 school but if you have impressive clients raking in millions annually, the Firm can care less what school you went to.  The money you generate for the Firm speaks louder than the school you went to because the Firm is a business at the end of the day.

You can be the most brilliant Harvard law grad but if you can't attract clients if your life depended on it, your a** will be canned.

This is true. If you get into a biglaw firm, and bring in millions of dollars of business each year, your school is irrelevant. Of course an average tier 2 won't get into a firm, and probably doesn't have the connections to bring in millions of dollars of business, but your point is theoretically correct.

Now do you care to answer the challenge?

AmericanGunner

• Sr. Citizen
  • Huge soccer fan, obviously...
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 15, 2008, 10:39:33 AM »
Since the haters are doing their job, I'll give them more ammo. :)

My view...

Hate on :)

This thread is LOL. But I don't care what anyone, hater or otherwise says. The Acura NSX will always be badassssss. I'd get a different color, but still, the NSX rocks.
"Please stop using obscenities in front of these people, or I'll be forced to thrash you."

wiimote

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 17, 2008, 01:38:14 AM »
lol @ Acura NSX.

Oh, and . . .

Seeking an Attorney for Associate Position (Sherman Oaks)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: job-681963007@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-05-15, 12:09PM PDT

Seeking a part-time and/or full time attorney for a civil litigation firm. Limited or no experience is ok. Need someone willing to learn and work in a fast paced environment. Pay is $20/hour starting unless you have a lot of experience. Serious inquiries only. Will respond with info about our firm if you seam to be a match. Thank you.

Compensation: $20 per hour
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 681963007

wiimotebanned051608

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #255 on: May 17, 2008, 10:09:47 PM »
One last post in this thread. This thread, which would have certainly gone on for years if LSD were a true source of unbiased information, has to come to and end. I have been banned from LSD. I was banned for linking to a study on the career placement of USF, UC and USD. It's all right here.

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,4010617.msg5103718.html#new

Good day everyone. I tried to tell you the truth about TTT law schools, but I couldn't get around LSD censors. Sorry in advance to any 0L who was taken in by TTT law schools and the disinformation of LSD.

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 17, 2008, 10:12:36 PM »
One last post in this thread. This thread, which would have certainly gone on for years if LSD were a true source of unbiased information, has to come to and end. I have been banned from LSD. I was banned for linking to a study on the career placement of USF, UC and USD. It's all right here.

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,4010617.msg5103718.html#new

Good day everyone. I tried to tell you the truth about TTT law schools, but I couldn't get around LSD censors. Sorry in advance to any 0L who was taken in by TTT law schools and the disinformation of LSD.

From EC:

"Wii, you're an annoying, trolling, one-trick pony.  Your thread today contributed nothing that everyone hasn't already heard from you eight dozen times.  It was just more of the same poo you've been littering the forum with.  Also, I've warned you before to keep your unrelated hating on T2 schools out of other people's threads.  Today you got two flagged posts for just that after getting a tempban the other day for the same thing.  Apparently that didn't get the message through.  Goodbye."

That's why you were banned.  Bye Martyr/Troll.

*hug*
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 17, 2008, 10:20:09 PM »
ding dong, the witch is dead
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

boilerguy84

• "I've got something to say..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 17, 2008, 11:35:10 PM »
woo hoo! wiimote sucks.
"read a book."
Depaul '11

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 18, 2008, 12:24:40 AM »

And, as usual, your own information does you in.  This final melodramatic link was wonderfully ironic.

Here, I'll link that damn study, because all it does is confirm that USF and USD's career placement is just fine.

http://www.law.com/pdf/nlj/regional_CA.pdf

Note that USF's unemployment rate is only around 2-3%.  USD's is slightly higher, but still below 10%.  As can be expected, neither school places more than 5-10% of its students in BigLaw, but I don't see why that's a problem.  You don't need BigLaw to have a job that pays more than you need and provides career satisfaction.  This latter point has been drilled into you time and again on LSD, and yet your trolling never stopped.  The reality is that many people don't want BigLaw, that T2s provide ample opportunity in diverse legal career paths, and that the jobs are most certainly there.  70-80% of the legal field's labor force is supplied internally -- in other words, you're never going to see advertisements for the jobs.

So meeting your "challenge" is impossible, but not because you're right.  It's impossible because the existent legal field doesn't give a @#!* about you and your ilk.  I hope you enjoy your masturbatory prestijfuck by yourself now.  Just as those in the field now don't give a *&^%, neither does LSD.

@#!* you.  HTFH.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all.