Law School Discussion

Challenge for tier 2 0Ls - find a good job

AZWildcat

• What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Challenge for tier 2 0Ls - find a good job
« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2008, 01:59:32 PM »
The truth is there are very few good jobs available to anyone during the spring.  I'd bet that the number of good jobs at Berkeley's career services are few and far between.

Actually, bar results come out in winter, and so lots of grads will be looking for work right now. Similarly, 3Ls who didn't get to participate in OCI, and had their mass mailings rejected, will be looking for work right now.

But to humor your poorly thought out contrivance, feel free to post a good job, which will be open to the average tier 2 grad next fall.

You are mentally challenged.  First, even at my "TTT", 97.3% are employed 9 months after graduation.  Let me help you out with the math -- January is 9 months after graduation.  The "lots of grads" statement is therefore ignorant and misplaced.  

Reading the scrambling 3Ls, and there certainly are some of those...   "looking for jobs" does not translate into "job ads."  Don't conflate the two.  As I said, most jobs are in the fall.  I doubt the Cornell job board is particularly impressive these days.  The bids are out and accounted for.  But several of my TTT USD friends are very happy with their positions at Latham that they received in the fall. :)

Facts, not fiction.

AZWildcat

• What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2008, 02:00:28 PM »
The truth is there are very few good jobs available to anyone during the spring.  I'd bet that the number of good jobs at Berkeley's career services are few and far between.

Actually, bar results come out in winter, and so lots of grads will be looking for work right now. Similarly, 3Ls who didn't get to participate in OCI, and had their mass mailings rejected, will be looking for work right now.

But to humor your poorly thought out contrivance, feel free to post a good job, which will be open to the average tier 2 grad next fall.

You are mentally challenged.  First, even at my "TTT", 97.3% are employed 9 months after graduation.  Let me help you out with the math -- January is 9 months after graduation.  The "lots of grads" statement is therefore ignorant and misplaced. 

Reading the scrambling 3Ls, and there certainly are some of those...   "looking for jobs" does not translate into "job ads."  Don't conflate the two.  As I said, most jobs are in the fall.  I doubt the Cornell job board is particularly impressive these days.  The bids are out and accounted for.  But several of my TTT USD friends are very happy with their positions at Latham that they received in the fall. :)

Facts, not fiction.

« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2008, 02:21:50 PM »
You are mentally challenged.  First, even at my "TTT", 97.3% are employed 9 months after graduation. 

Calm down grease monkey. 96% of the country is employed. Unemployment is only 4%. The question is, doing what?

The OP poses a very specific challenge, and if want to answer the challenge, your response should look like this:

Employer name
Job description
Compensation
Contact information

« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2008, 02:30:42 PM »
But several of my TTT USD friends are very happy with their positions at Latham that they received in the fall. :)

I almost missed this. FYI - Latham only has 12 USD grads nationwide, and the only one I clicked on got his JD from a top German school (and his LLM from USD.)

http://www.lw.com/Attorneys.aspx?page=AttorneySearchResults&school=354&attorneySearchMode=name

« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2008, 04:34:59 PM »
Your list includes people who got thier UG at Northwestern, i.e anyone who went to Northwestern for any degree, not just law school.

Edit: Actually I don't think it does.

How could you not suspect a mistake in data showing only one UCLA Law grad at Latham. Didn't that strike you as odd?

Here's the real UCLA list. http://www.lw.com/Attorneys.aspx?page=AttorneySearchResults&school=268&attorneySearchMode=name

« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2008, 04:40:53 PM »
it appears that 11 of those USD grads actually attended USD law.  granted 3 or 4 were LLMs.

8 whole USD JDs?

Edit: Whatever. Stop hijacking this thread.

« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2008, 05:18:51 PM »
That's not hijacking, THIS is hijacking:

« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2008, 05:21:18 PM »

« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2008, 05:24:48 PM »
Oh no you didnt