Law School Discussion

Challenge for tier 2 0Ls - find a good job

Re: Challenge for tier 2 0Ls - find a good job
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2008, 02:21:09 PM »
Legal Research on Real Estate Issues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: billkovacs@juno.com
Date: 2008-01-15, 8:09PM EST

We require an experienced legal researcher [or licensed lawyer] to immediate research two matters involing real estate contracts, purchase and sale agreements, Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act, Fraud and Misrepresentation and related damage claims.

The work is immediate and will result in several suits. Matters will be filed in Superior Court. [Do not respond if you can not devote time in the next two weeks to this] 

Compensation: $15/hour if student/$25/hour if licensed lawyer, and bonus negotiated if cases are won
This is a part-time job.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 540427146

« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2008, 11:58:05 AM »
Still waiting . . .

« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2008, 03:12:52 PM »

« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2008, 10:26:04 AM »
The challenge is still out there . . .

Steve Jones

• Dir of Admissions, Florida Coastal School of Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2008, 11:55:43 AM »
What a bitter little paralegal you must be.  How many TTTs rejected you?

« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2008, 12:42:15 PM »
What a bitter little paralegal you must be.  How many TTTs rejected you?

Actually, biglaw paralegal positions pay more than the jobs available to tier 2 grads.

AZWildcat

• What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2008, 05:54:33 PM »
The truth is there are very few good jobs available to anyone during the spring.  I'd bet that the number of good jobs at Berkeley's career services are few and far between.

« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2008, 10:22:49 AM »
The truth is there are very few good jobs available to anyone during the spring.  I'd bet that the number of good jobs at Berkeley's career services are few and far between.

Actually, bar results come out in winter, and so lots of grads will be looking for work right now. Similarly, 3Ls who didn't get to participate in OCI, and had their mass mailings rejected, will be looking for work right now.

But to humor your poorly thought out contrivance, feel free to post a good job, which will be open to the average tier 2 grad next fall.

AZWildcat

• What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: January 28, 2008, 01:57:30 PM »

Actually, bar results come out in winter, and so lots of grads will be looking for work right now. Similarly, 3Ls who didn't get to participate in OCI, and had their mass mailings rejected, will be looking for work right now.

But to humor your poorly thought out contrivance, feel free to post a good job, which will be open to the average tier 2 grad next fall.

You are mentally challenged.  First, even at my "TTT", 97.3% are employed 9 months after graduation.  Let me help you out with the math -- January is 9 months after graduation.  The "lots of grads" statement is therefore ignorant and misplaced.  

Reading the scrambling 3Ls, and there certainly are some of those...   "looking for jobs" does not translate into "job ads."  Don't conflate the two.  As I said, most jobs are in the fall.  I doubt the Cornell job board is particularly impressive these days.  The bids are out and accounted for.  But several of my TTT USD friends are very happy with their positions at Latham that they received in the fall. :)

Facts, not fiction.