Law School Discussion

Challenge for tier 2 0Ls - find a good job

Re: Challenge for tier 2 0Ls - find a good job
« Reply #170 on: February 11, 2008, 01:42:11 PM »
Dude, what don't you understand? No one who is worth their salt would be looking at craigslist for entry-level associate positions.

Dude! As the OP says, you can use whatever resource you want, including the ntire internet, print media, law school job boards or networking (but give enough information so we know you didn't make the job up.)

Again, responses to this challenge should look like this:

Name of Employer
Job description
Compensation
Contact information

For example,

Barred Contract Attorneys NEEDED!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: job-570485611@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-02-11, 1:05PM EST
Looking for barred contract attorneys to start a project THIS week....
please email resumes in WORD. 
Compensation: competitive
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

« Reply #171 on: February 13, 2008, 01:01:12 PM »
Holy cow I just found one:

Junior Associate (Midtown West)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: job-567555874853@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-02-08, 2:33PM EST
Associate sought with interest in food products liability law and litigation, including motion practice, research, conferences, depositions, trial prepping, pleadings, BPs, appeals, arbitrations. Must be motivated. We prefer median or higher from solid local schools like Brooklyn or Cardozo. Starting compensation of $90,000 plus bonus. Major medical, Pension and a friendly office. E-mail resume.
Compensation: $90,000 or negotiable
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Firm name: Charles Cho & Cal Latfactor-Yee LLP
Contact information: Ms. Oompa Loompa

« Reply #172 on: February 13, 2008, 02:06:08 PM »
why is the entire first page mote talking to himself?

SCK2008

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 13, 2008, 03:19:42 PM »
Its not limited to the first page.  Is is necessary for Wii to do this to bump his own threads.  Another trick he likes to do is edit his posts thereby bumping them in a more seamless fashion.  Very creative but what do you expect from a guy that gave us that wonderfully drawn cartoon?  I guess it works cause this thread has legs.  And I'm still posting here.  I love it though.  I just can't believe no lucky lady has swooped him up yet.  Oh right, he has no friends or social life. 

*big hug for the troll*

« Reply #174 on: February 16, 2008, 09:31:08 AM »
Why don't one of you tier 2 0Ls call your school, and offer this challenge to your career placement people?

« Reply #175 on: February 16, 2008, 03:19:21 PM »
Why don't one of you tier 2 0Ls call your school, and offer this challenge to your career placement people?

Can you stop being gay and just let this thread die? How big of a loser are you?

And by the way, I'm a 3L at a tier 2 and I have a job that pays 115K lined up.

Good luck with being an idiot.

Thistle

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 16, 2008, 04:38:27 PM »

Can you stop being gay and just let this thread die? How big of a loser are you?

Can you stop thinking "gay" is an appropriate pejorative?

Thanks.

seriously.  just call him a moronic asshat like the rest of us

« Reply #177 on: February 16, 2008, 05:54:46 PM »

Thanks.

It is appropriate for 95% of americans to say that. I happen to fall into that category. I'm sorry if I've offended your PC sensibilities.

Getting offended by calling someone "gay" is hella gay.

Thistle

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 16, 2008, 06:08:22 PM »

Thanks.

It is appropriate for 95% of americans to say that. I happen to fall into that category. I'm sorry if I've offended your PC sensibilities.

95%?  what, did you take a survey?   ::)

« Reply #179 on: February 16, 2008, 06:56:09 PM »

Thanks.

I'm sorry? What makes it appropriate for 95% of Americans? Being bigoted assholes?

It's not about being PC. It's about recognizing the following:
1. Being gay and the behavior that wiimote engages in have nothing in common. If you think they do have something in common, please do enlighten us.
2. Using a term that describes someone's identity as a pejorative is offensive and inappropriate. Using a term that describes a population that has traditionally been abused, oppressed and maligned in that way becomes even more problematic.
3. "You're gay" is a lazy and stupid insult. It reflects more poorly on you than it does on wiimote or gay people. You are essentially proclaiming to the world that you're an ignorant loser. Is that really what you want to do?

Enjoy being an idiotic bigoted fuckwit, though.

Ha ha.

Grow up. Seriously.