Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Be the first to say I love you?  (Read 1076 times)

TNGA60

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Be the first to say I love you?
« on: December 30, 2007, 08:12:27 PM »
So the Univ. of Iowa COL is my first choice of the schools I am applying to. How do I/ is it advisable to let them know they are my first choice and if I get accepted I will go there? My numbers put me in the range. Their self reported medians are 3.62 and 161. I am 4.0 and 160. I really want to maximize my chance of acceptance and my application should be sent out by next week. 

TNGA60

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Be the first to say I love you?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 10:30:40 PM »
So the Univ. of Iowa COL is my first choice of the schools I am applying to. How do I/ is it advisable to let them know they are my first choice and if I get accepted I will go there? My numbers put me in the range. Their self reported medians are 3.62 and 161. I am 4.0 and 160. I really want to maximize my chance of acceptance and my application should be sent out by next week. 

Dude, are you serious?  You'll totally blow your chance.  You gotta play it cool.  Play hard to get.  Make sure in your personal statement that you tell Iowa that you're "sort" of interested in them, but, you know, you like some other school a whole lot more and you're thinking about asking them to prom.  I would tell them that their campus is not that pretty but you definitely like the schools personality.  Play hard to get.  If Iowa calls, DO NOT ANSWER.  Let it go to voice mail.  Call a few days later. But quickly get off the phone after making some derogatory remarks.  Chicks... I mean law schools, get all worked up over this.  Eventually, Iowa will be the first to tell you they love you. 

lol ;D

K?

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do You Believe Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 07:03:40 PM »
You'll be fine, don't worry about telling them anything special.  You've got good enough numbers to get in.  Have you visited yet?
B < PL

Hannibal

• Sr. Citizen
  • I love it when a plan comes together
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 08:47:54 PM »
Say something clever, like "I think I'm falling in love with you."  If they say "I love you too," then you can start hitting it.  If they respond with "aw, thank you" then you can just play it cool with "it'll take me a little while to know for sure, but I think I'm on the right track."

I am so glad I don't have to date anymore!
Attending: Stanford
In: Yale, Stanford, Harvard, Chicago($$$), Berkeley, Michigan($$$$), Columbia($$$$), Penn($$$$), Virginia($$$$), Duke($$$$), Northwestern($$$$)

hawvaad2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 10:35:36 PM »
You can absolutely tell them that you're very interested.  The only reason you shouldn't is if you think you might have a chance at money from them, and you want to hold out to see if they throw any your way.  If they think you're sold on them they'll try to scoop you for free.  Also, try to get on their mom's good side.  That's huge. 

Either way, you're in.  They love gpa.  I visited the campus last week; be sure to check out the student lounge.  It's fabulous.  ;)
Accepted: Minnesota
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
Pending: Iowa, Wisconsin

K?

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do You Believe Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 02:38:26 AM »
You visited IC and you didn't look me up?  Shameless.
B < PL

hawvaad2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 09:51:51 PM »

I'll be back.  Do you know if they give allowances for visits?
Accepted: Minnesota
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
Pending: Iowa, Wisconsin

K?

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do You Believe Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 10:44:14 AM »

I'll be back.  Do you know if they give allowances for visits?

No idea, but I know that when we've dealt with them for lecture committee, they've never exactly seemed short on cash.
B < PL