Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Another PS to read. Anyone interested?  (Read 1344 times)

Rammstein

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Another PS to read. Anyone interested?
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2004, 08:18:43 PM »

missliad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »
Wow. Lots of the people responding to this have themselves asked others to read their own PS.

Aren't yall at all worried about your ideas (clever phrases, use of imagery, etc.) incestuously showing up on all your PS's? Even without intentionally stealing, the people who read your PS's might unintentionally incorporate the good ideas from your PS into their own.

I'm not that worried about anyone using ideas from my personal statement - I think my diversity statement would be hard for someone else to copy from if they aren't familiar with my particular background.  I'm sure it could happen though -- (note: I am only applying to the University of Hawaii)

dta

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2004, 12:55:27 PM »
Just as a warning, Ruskiegirl recently had a problem when she helped out a board member with his personal statement. She sent the board member her PS as an example of a good PS. Subsequently, his PS then 'borrowed' many of her phrases, uses of imagery, etc. Ruskiegirl also has a pretty unique and interesting background that people could not outright copy. But that didn't prevent someone from stealing her good ideas w/ respect to phrasing, wording, imagery, and other exemplifications of good writing.

Just be careful ...

jakalski

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2004, 02:06:12 PM »
I'd like to review it...  jakalski@optonline.net

maggiemoo

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2004, 10:32:58 PM »