Law School Discussion

Lower ranked boston schools...

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Lower ranked boston schools...
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2008, 08:43:31 AM »
Indeed, I'd say JP off S. Huntington is the most ideal situation all around like you said.  Price + Community + Riverway separating you from brookline prices and snootyness.

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2008, 08:46:18 AM »
Also country girl, NEstern has paid coops...I understand that you need to follow money, but do you know what requirements to keep scholarship is at NESL?

« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2008, 09:33:15 AM »
Thanks everyone!  I do have a car, but I really would like to be able to get rid of it.  I will definately look into the Jamaica Plains area.  I will probably look into the suburbs as BillT suggested, too.  What's your opinion of Back Bay?  Judging by a map of Boston, that area is pretty close (walking distance??) to NESL.  Also, is there any good realtors you can recommend?  I really appreciate yall helping me out, this is a new situation for me.

And I haven't totally ruled out Norhteastern or Suffolk, I'm going to check out all those schools when I come up.

« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2008, 09:48:04 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  I didnt know that was the ritzy area of town!  Darn!  Yeah, maybe after law school, but even then I doubt it!  So, Jamaica Plain sounds good, I will have to look there.  My daughter will be three in May and she loves outdoors-y stuff like nature walks and parks.  And I didnt even think about walking in the snow.  We get snow like once every three years down here.  This year we actually got it for like three hours and everyone was outside playing in it!  The whole town shuts down for snow  ;D

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2008, 10:05:04 AM »
Indeed, I'd say JP off S. Huntington is the most ideal situation all around like you said.  Price + Community + Riverway separating you from brookline prices and snootyness.

South Huntington in JP isn't the safest area with the Heath projects nearby.  I wouldn't recommend it with a small child that's going to want to play around.  If you are talking about South Huntington in Boston next to the Riverway, well that's not JP and not near the orange line which means she'll have to take the green E line downtown which is a miserable commute.

Hmm...  im kinda talking about the area around the 7-11 where s. huntington intersects with centre st. near the big WELCOME TO JP sign.  Green line is right down the street, and i really dont think its a bad neighborhood, if anything the houses and dwellings around Bynner are decidedly green and middleclass.

lp1283

• Skateboard Scooter + Acid-wash Jeans, priceless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2008, 10:18:04 AM »
Dude...you guys lost me. I've only been to JP like once in my whole life and I've never moved from MA.

lol, I'll be a troll until the discussion moves along.

Food for thought though, I think some of somerville is pretty cute and easy to commute from/to. I dunno how much rent goes for there though but its family friendly and close, as are parts of Cambridge.   

Sergio

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2008, 02:38:31 PM »
How bout for single people going to Suffolk?  Decent, relatively affordable neighborhoods?

lp1283

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2008, 10:41:15 AM »
Well cosmo..I wouldn't say ANYWHERE on the red or orange line.

Some of their stop areas have the most criminal activity in MA.

Hi Mattapan, Dorchester (non-Southie line), Roxbury!!

lp1283

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2008, 01:55:00 PM »
lol...very good!  :D

EDIT: North End (expensive)

lp1283

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2008, 12:14:16 PM »
Thats cool.  North End has a good social scene, food to die for and its close to everything.