Law School Discussion

Lower ranked boston schools...

k3

• View Profile
Re: Lower ranked boston schools...
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2008, 07:10:59 PM »
i just got into suffolk today....verrry exciting. i have been tooting my horn all over lsd, but i thought all us boston people could share in the joy of my acceptance to one of our fave regional schools.

« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2008, 09:10:05 PM »
i just got into suffolk today....verrry exciting. i have been tooting my horn all over lsd, but i thought all us boston people could share in the joy of my acceptance to one of our fave regional schools.

congrats. I hope to have an equally exciting post in March after I get my "acceptance" letter, ha!

k3

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2008, 06:37:28 AM »
so i got into suffolk on tuesday, but i haven't heard squat from them about money. i definitely have the numbers to get something from them, so i'm confused. are they just being slow? is it rude to ask if i don't hear from them by next tuesday or something? i like suffolk but i will not consider going there if they don't give me anything.

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2008, 06:35:24 AM »
You dont think payed coops>conditional scholarship at a school with a crazy curve.  Plus you cant not keep scholarship at NESL since no grades or rankings

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2008, 07:01:31 AM »
Ah.  Totally my bad.  :P

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2008, 08:41:19 PM »
For those of you who live in Boston...  any advice about finding an apt?  When should I start looking, what areas of town are most affordable, is it doable to live outside the city and commute to school, etc.  Oh, and also about daycare.  If any of you have kids and know about how much daycare is per week, please tell me.  There is a huge discrepancy in the cost of living between SmallTown, SC and Boston.

Any advice is appreciated.  We are coming up next month to scope everything out...

« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2008, 04:20:51 AM »
Probably New England, but possibly Northeastern.

lp1283

• Skateboard Scooter + Acid-wash Jeans, priceless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2008, 07:41:47 AM »
I second cosmo, she is very insightful. Navigating around Boston on public transportation is not to difficult. The closer you are to living in the city, the more expensive it is like everywhere else. It all basically depends on whether you have a car, how much you want to spend on transportation and housing, what kind of atmosphere you want to be in, etc. For example, I drive to my T stop to get to Boston and pay to park there even through there is a commuter rail stop in my town. As mentioned before the commuter rail can get expensive.

Keep doing your research then ask us more specific questions when you see something you like.

P.S. I really don't like were NE School of Law is or what it looks like (well compared to Suffolk lol). I wouldn't recommend living around there, overpriced and if you take one wrong turn at night, your in a shady section of the city (i.e. NE Medical Center area).   

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2008, 08:23:13 AM »
just live in the burbs...quincy or weymouth!  No reason not to jump on the red line at quincy adams, youll be at school just as quick.  Plus apts are much cheaper.

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2008, 08:33:41 AM »
True, but grab a kia with a standard package on lease and its maybe 150 a month?  Id recommend gaslight apts in weymouth, its right near the hwy, 10 minutes from quincy center T, an express buss right next to it, and a two bedroom for 1100.  Plus groceries next door.

Or a basement apartment in north quincy.  Some nice old irish lady letting a couple rooms go for 900 bucks and being right next to n. quincy t-stop isnt bad.  Hell id even say east dorchester is reasonable, everyone knows rox and mattapan are where its really scary.  Dorchester has an inflated rep.