Law School Discussion

Lower ranked boston schools...

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Lower ranked boston schools...
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2008, 09:07:28 AM »
Where do you guys want to practice?  I know the money is in Boston, but id love to have my own small firm in downtown plymouth or like, Marshfield more then anything

lp1283

• Skateboard Scooter + Acid-wash Jeans, priceless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2008, 09:35:39 AM »
Where do you guys want to practice?  I know the money is in Boston, but id love to have my own small firm in downtown plymouth or like, Marshfield more then anything

What type of law are you looking into?

I dunno where I want to practice yet. I've been in MA all of my life so sometimes I think about going to Cali, NY or Florida or something for a change of scene. Nothing is set in stone though.

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2008, 09:43:00 AM »
Just Family/Divorce or Estate, unless I have a moment of self realization and do something public interesty, or do much better in school then anticipated and do corporate stuff, bankruptcy/risk analysis etc.

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2008, 10:01:58 AM »
About Boston...  can you get around pretty easily without having a car?  That is one of my priorities if I move to a city.

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2008, 10:13:55 AM »
Just Family/Divorce or Estate, unless I have a moment of self realization and do something public interesty, or do much better in school then anticipated and do corporate stuff, bankruptcy/risk analysis etc.

Did you ever call Suffolk to confirm your app?

Emailed, they never got back.  Perhaps soon.

lp1283

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2008, 11:08:26 AM »

You should be fine then in Marshfield or Plymouth with regards to family law/estate stuff. That line of work is like the gift that keeps on giving no matter where you are.

k3

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2008, 05:35:55 PM »
lol, Speaking of...and this is prob going to scare the tourists...

I was on the blue line once heading to the NS from Aquarium and one or two stops away I managed to get a seat. All of the sudden I see something from the corner of my left eye scurry across floor while the train was moving. Low and behold it was a full-blown rat!? Not a mouse! Mayhem ensued, women screaming, people standing on their seats, etc. Meanwhile the rat was running from one end of the cart to the another so it was a domino effect basically. The conducter had heard the screaming so he entered our cart when the train stopped and asked what happened. Everyone pointed. He told all of us to get out and go to another cart. He shut off the lights of the rat-infested cart and kept it moving. Craziest thing ever.   

Oh and the best part was that the rat was in the train when it left aquarium packed to the T and no one noticed until its was semi-empty. 

EWWW.  I read once a pigeon boarded a train at Quincy Adams and got off at Quincy Center............. WITHOUT BUYING A CHARLIECARD. OMGZ

HAHAHAAH...oh gosh that's hilarious. ahhh the charliecard.

lp1283

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2008, 11:09:53 AM »
Hey, those of you looking for Boston housing info, here is a good link:

http://www.bostonconservatory.edu/studentlife/housing_off_campus.html

Hope it helps! (Just disregard the words "Boston Conservatory")

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2008, 10:25:27 AM »
in at NESL this week (finally).  Complete at Suffolk after weeks of waiting for that dumb dean's cert.  Any thing I should know about NESL?

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2008, 05:58:04 PM »
I have applied to NESL, Northeastern and Suffolk. It all depends on the Feb. LSAT for me, I got a 151 which is about right to get into NESL, so if I raise my score in Feb, I should be able to get into Suffolk and or Northeastern depending on how well I do. I've been testing in the 160's, but my regular school just started up  ::) after all of this law school talk and discussion, under grad is really bugging me at this point in time. Especially writing my senior thesis  >:(