Law School Discussion

Lower ranked boston schools...

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Lower ranked boston schools...
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 01:45:18 PM »
Also, as far as living in Boston...dont overlook quincy, weymouth, somerville...I lived 15 minutes outside the city with 2 roomies in a 2 bedroom in weymouth for 375 a month and maybe 130 in utilities.  Closer to the train is worse, but its certainly doable.

lp1283

• Skateboard Scooter + Acid-wash Jeans, priceless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 02:01:45 PM »
I agree. Some of the North Shore (including Everett) works too. At least for me it does. 

lp1283

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2008, 02:14:49 PM »
Yeah, commuter rail south is nuts and the rates in general are nuts. I waited an hour and a half once in Canton for that stupid train to get back into Boston. red line is cool because its modern and they have plenty of trains going. I take the blue line which isn't as modern or quick as the red line but it works.

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2008, 03:37:24 PM »
do you guys think commuting to South Station and then to suffolk or NEU from Middleboro is completely insane.  Its the last stop on the purple line...lot of time for forced studying and naps....

lp1283

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2008, 09:47:50 AM »
do you guys think commuting to South Station and then to suffolk or NEU from Middleboro is completely insane.  Its the last stop on the purple line...lot of time for forced studying and naps....

I don't :)  lots of people commute that much into work or school.

She's right. Its not a bad idea at all. Could be worse.

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2008, 12:11:40 PM »
as this thread has sort of turned into a semi-suffolk thread thought I'd post this.  Found out last week that Suffolk is waiting on my Dean's Cert (which I didn't even know they needed), went to the Dean's office today and they told me that it'd be a few weeks!  UGH! I should have been complete there like a month ago.  Congrats to all w/ acceptances.  Suffolk and NEU are my top 2

lp1283

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2008, 12:18:06 PM »
as this thread has sort of turned into a semi-suffolk thread thought I'd post this.  Found out last week that Suffolk is waiting on my Dean's Cert (which I didn't even know they needed), went to the Dean's office today and they told me that it'd be a few weeks!  UGH! I should have been complete there like a month ago.  Congrats to all w/ acceptances.  Suffolk and NEU are my top 2

You wouldn't believe how long it took me to find the person who actually completes these at my school. Most annoying thing ever. During my 1st phonecall I think I got transfered to different depts like 10 times and got nowhere.

lp1283

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2008, 12:30:05 PM »
cosmo, no word from NEU? Did you apply EA?

Actually the latter may be a dumb question unless you got deferred.

lp1283

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2008, 12:46:10 PM »
cosmo, no word from NEU? Did you apply EA?

Your comment prompted me to check my mailbox just now (I'm home sick from work)... and no :(  nothing :(

No NEU Response, Boo...

They just started reviewing regular apps last month right?

lp1283

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2008, 01:05:23 PM »
I think admissions told me that they start reviewing in December when I called in October to ask about EA. Not sure though.  :-\