Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted PT, but I want FT  (Read 1611 times)

oreket din

• View Profile
Accepted PT, but I want FT
« on: December 29, 2007, 02:32:46 AM »
So I applied to Valpo PT to increase my chances of getting in, which worked since I was recently accepted.  However, if I can't decide between two schools I will choose one with a FT program.

I was wondering if it's acceptable/appropriate to contact Valpo (do I email, call, or write?) and ask them to also consider me for FT, since it's still pretty early in the cycle.

I know I can switch to FT time after a year and all, but my parents seemed pretty disappointed when they found out I might be kicked off their health insurance next year.

oreket din

• View Profile
Re: Accepted PT, but I want FT
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 02:36:52 AM »
any thoughts?

jalex519

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 06:22:23 PM »
You might as well take a shot at seeing if they can place you in the FT class of 2011 - you have nothing to lose!
2L and counting...

yoyodawg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 09:41:17 PM »
So I applied to Valpo PT to increase my chances of getting in, which worked since I was recently accepted.  However, if I can't decide between two schools I will choose one with a FT program.

I was wondering if it's acceptable/appropriate to contact Valpo (do I email, call, or write?) and ask them to also consider me for FT, since it's still pretty early in the cycle.

I know I can switch to FT time after a year and all, but my parents seemed pretty disappointed when they found out I might be kicked off their health insurance next year.

If your LSAT and GPA are within their range you should have a decent shot. All they can do is say no, and then all you have to do is wait a year.

Good luck.

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 09:57:01 PM »
Call them and tell them to take that PT acceptance and shove it. Then re-apply FT only.

thenodoubter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 08:53:44 PM »
I did this to a law school last year after a visit...and it worked.
New Cycle!