Law School Discussion

EDWARDS beat CLINTON MACHINE.....

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone think EDWARDS is going to take iowa?
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 06:08:16 AM »
Being from Iowa, I don't think Edwards has a chance here

you know, just because the law technically allows arguments from authority doesn't mean that you're required to be an idiot.

are you writing about yourself? or edwards? are you an expert on idiots?

or is this just some hypochorism?

that doesn't even make sense.

it's rhetorical...no need to answer...but since you chose to answer: things don't make sense to a lot of idiots though, right? :)

make sense? ::) :D :D :D :D

exhibit a, dipshit.  exhibit a.

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 06:09:58 AM »
Being from Iowa, I don't think Edwards has a chance here

you know, just because the law technically allows arguments from authority doesn't mean that you're required to be an idiot.

actually, some municipalities in iowa actually require it.

julie turd, why are you being a total f-ing a-hole to the dude who thinks edwards doesn't have a chance?

you're just a fuching cocksuching provincial female private part...hey lesko-fernboy, why don't you go fuch your mother...it is obvious things not working out with the wife.

ooh.  somebody having bad day.

but you probably get that lot.

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 01:18:07 PM »
I bet Edwards does indeed take IOWA...his campaign is focusing on proven causus-goers, unlike the others.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 12:21:52 AM »
Edwards' Populism Takes Center Stage 2 hours, 12 minutes ago

The Nation -- Outspent 6 to 1, John Edwards' fiery populist message beat the Clinton machine in Iowa.

Unafraid to use the "C" word--Corporate power and greed--Edwards appeared Thursday night to be a man in motion and on a mission. Exhausted from his "middle class marathon" tour, his passionate and unconventional non-concession speech was a challenge to the status quo powers which are depriving decent Americans of healthcare, jobs and their democracy. "The status quo lost and change won," Edwards told the Iowa crowd.

Some have compared Iowa's winner Barack Obama to JFK, and his elegant, broad-gauged and inspiring words of change and hope brought home the historic moment he embodies. Yet Edwards, in these last months, has reminded me of another Kennedy--Bobby--whose political and intellectual odyssey was linked to the passion and, yes, anger he felt as he witnessed grinding poverty in Appalachia and racist inequality in the barrios of the richest country in the world.

Edwards may not make it out of January. He doesn't have Obama or Clinton's $100 million campaign war chests that seem needed to wage a national campaign. What he does have is a message of democratic populism: rewarding work, supporting sustained growth and full employment, providing universal health care, repairing ravaged pensions, calling for public investment and working for an end to poverty. Edwards' campaign has put the central issue of our time center stage: Who controls our country--corporations or the people? He's the only candidate who says, fearlessly : "I absolutely believe to my soul that this corporate greed and corporate power has an ironclad hold on our democracy." We haven't heard words like that in our campaigns in a while, at least not from anyone near top of the polls.

What Edwards has brought --and we can't lose --is that fighting spirit to take back our government from corporate powers and interests. Tonight both Obama and Clinton spoke populist words--yes, in more moderate cadence and words--and it's up to progressives to keep driving the issues of economic fairness, justice and dignity into the next primaries and election

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
Re: EDWARDS beat CLINTON MACHINE.....
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 04:32:45 AM »
will he continue to beat clinton machine as second up?