Law School Discussion

EDWARDS beat CLINTON MACHINE.....

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
EDWARDS beat CLINTON MACHINE.....
« on: December 28, 2007, 10:30:03 PM »
Edwards takes personal approach
By TONY LEYS
REGISTER STAFF WRITER

December 28, 2007

Independence, Ia. Traveling between stops on a frantic campaign trip through eastern Iowa, Democratic candidate John Edwards is working the phones, talking to undecided voters, answering their questions and asking for their support.

The former North Carolina senator is traveling by bus over snow-covered roads that are slowing his campaign caravan. His aides are tracking down undecided voters around the state and putting them on the phone with the candidate.

The campaign announced today that it had set up a Web site for people who have questions for Edwards, and it encouraged undecided Iowans to go there or call into his headquarters. Aides said they would try to get as many Iowans as possible on the phone with him in the waning days of the caucus campaign. His wife, Elizabeth, and senior aides also will be answering queries

tradewinds

• YLS 2011 (98% sure)
    • View Profile
Re: does anyone think edwards is going to take iowa?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 10:37:23 PM »
I stopped trying to predict Iowa a long time ago. I'm pulling for Obama. I think an Edwards win, in the long run, just guarantees a Clinton nomination.

As a dem, here is my feeling: The GOP is going to nominate McCain (they're finally realizing he is their only electable candidate). The only candidate who beats McCain, according to most polls and my own intuition, is Obama. Besides, I don't like the idea of Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton-Bush (and, yes, Jeb DOES want the White House!).

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
Re: does anyone think edwards is going to take iowa?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 11:20:37 PM »
I stopped trying to predict Iowa a long time ago. I'm pulling for Obama. I think an Edwards win, in the long run, just guarantees a Clinton nomination.

As a dem, here is my feeling: The GOP is going to nominate McCain (they're finally realizing he is their only electable candidate). The only candidate who beats McCain, according to most polls and my own intuition, is Obama. Besides, I don't like the idea of Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton-Bush (and, yes, Jeb DOES want the White House!).

not going to happen for jeb...

for the democrats this is just about over...they have been rewwing up the engine for years because they don't like bush's wrangler politics......for republicans...it is just getting started...independents are the key to this election...undecided voters are loitering...obama is really looking like a statesman ...iowa is not as important as it was in the past...aye like to point to it, though....the amount the winner takes will be meaningful, however...many tired politicians the next couple of weeks...slip ups...perhaps...delegates in the south and illinois...south carolina and florida could do it.

any candidate appearing to be secretive or furtive...will be overlooked...candor gonna win this puppy.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone think EDWARDS is going to take iowa?
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 02:31:04 AM »
Being from Iowa, I don't think Edwards has a chance here

you know, just because the law technically allows arguments from authority doesn't mean that you're required to be an idiot.

are you writing about yourself? or edwards? are you an expert on idiots?

or is this just some hypochorism?

The polls show a dead heat between the three main candidates. They say Edwards has made a big pitch to be the second choice on the ballot, so he has a good shot.

edwards number 1...obama number 2...clinton...3
obama number 1...edwards number 2...clinton...3

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 07:14:53 AM »

you know, just because the law technically allows arguments from authority doesn't mean that you're required to be an idiot.

actually, some municipalities in iowa actually require it.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 07:15:43 AM »

you cover boy for modern idiot.

Elephant Lee

• Maybe ju an' me are amigos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 11:45:48 AM »
The polls show a dead heat between the three main candidates. They say Edwards has made a big pitch to be the second choice on the ballot, so he has a good shot.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 06:04:07 PM »

that doesn't even make sense.

that mean nothing to bluenumbnuts.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 02:21:08 AM »

that doesn't even make sense.

it's rhetorical...no need to answer...but since you chose to answer: things don't make sense to a lot of idiots though, right? :)

make sense? ::) :D :D :D :D

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 02:28:16 AM »

actually, some municipalities in iowa actually require it.

julie turd, why are you being a total f-ing a-hole to the dude who thinks edwards doesn't have a chance?

you're just a fuching cocksuching provincial female private part...hey lesko-fernboy, why don't you go fuch your mother...it is obvious things not working out with the wife.130