Law School Discussion

Bernard Hopkins...the shite!

Re: Bernard Hopkins...the shite!
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 07:07:21 PM »
mayweather's hands are vicious..he'll never lose...or even have a close fight...

You're probably right, but that doesn't make him GOAT.

jarhead

• "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 07:16:37 PM »
he's definitely not the GOAT but he's the GOAT right now.....i do wish he would mix it up more but i know thats not his style....i do prefer brawlers to pure boxers....ala oscar, shane, and robinson, but i do like jr. the boy is nice he's just a little too nice for me sometimes makes for a boring fight

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 09:24:03 PM »

De la hoya sucks. He fought the good fighters when they were past their prime. Ever wonder why he never wanted a rematch with benard hopkins? And sugar shane don't want no parts of mnayweather...if mayweather was fighting his natural weight, he would mix it up a lot more. You have to realize he's fighting 20 pounds heavier than he should be...

jarhead

• "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 09:37:53 AM »

De la hoya sucks. He fought the good fighters when they were past their prime. Ever wonder why he never wanted a rematch with benard hopkins? And sugar shane don't want no parts of mnayweather...if mayweather was fighting his natural weight, he would mix it up a lot more. You have to realize he's fighting 20 pounds heavier than he should be...

i realize mayweather is not at his weight but he could still mix it up...he doesn't get hit so he could still pop dudes more...i like good defense as much as the next guy but i wanna see a fight...b hop has awesome defense but he still cleans clocks and he's twice jr.'s age...the patton fight was one of the best he killed dude and was not less worse for wear...are you on drugs! de la hoya is the man!! and are you talking about who he fights now or who he's fought over his career because de la hoya has never ducked anybody (that's roy jones) and he's beat them all at least once....and nobody wants a rematch with bernard hopkins because its impossible to look good against him. 

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 09:46:31 AM »
De La Hoya is trash.  Often he wins, because he is the fans favorite.  There were several fights that he got the decision when he should not have. He thought he had a close fight with Mayweather, yea right.  He didn't land one left hook and got punched the whole fight.  Not a fan of de la hoya at all.  Did you see mayweather and diego corrales? Knocked him down four times.  Beat Gatti like a slave.  Beat hatton down.

jarhead

• "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 10:06:13 AM »
De La Hoya is trash.  Often he wins, because he is the fans favorite.  There were several fights that he got the decision when he should not have. He thought he had a close fight with Mayweather, yea right.  He didn't land one left hook and got punched the whole fight.  Not a fan of de la hoya at all.  Did you see mayweather and diego corrales? Knocked him down four times.  Beat Gatti like a slave.  Beat hatton down.

i like mayweather...but i also happen to think the de lahoya/mayweather fight was close....not to mention de la hoya is no longer in his prime, made a good showing and put leather on mayweather which NO ONE has done....i think mayweather was smart not to mix it up because he may have lost otherwise...good strategic fight for him...takes nothing away from delahoya...he's a fan favorite for a reason

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 10:18:21 AM »
Because he's pretty...and because he's mexican...Honestly, mexicans have a big fan base in boxing.  That is one sport that they excel in.  You don't see mexican football or basketball players. I don't believe the fight was close.  He didn't land any power punches and mayweather didn't have a scratch on him.  Just curious, how can benard be 42 and still in his prime? De la hoya isn't that old.....

jarhead

• "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 10:52:42 AM »
Because he's pretty...and because he's mexican...Honestly, mexicans have a big fan base in boxing.  That is one sport that they excel in.  You don't see mexican football or basketball players. I don't believe the fight was close.  He didn't land any power punches and mayweather didn't have a scratch on him.  Just curious, how can benard be 42 and still in his prime? De la hoya isn't that old.....

bernard is not in his prime he's 42...he's just taken care of himself and rarely gets hit so his career has lasted if you don't get hit you can box a long time...plus bernard's training regiment is ridiculous the man still has a 28 inch waist....we will disagree on de la hoya...he will go down as one of the great middle weights i don't see how you can argue anything else...i guess its like people who say sugar ray leonard was trash shrugs shoulders.....

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 10:58:05 AM »
Benard also spent a very long time in prison...compared to when de la hoya was a fine tuned athletic machine with the best traning possible...He will go down as one of the greatest fighters, but I'm not a fan. I always thought he was soft and benard proved that with a body shot.  Hopkins has never been known for his punching power, but somehow against de la hoya, he sent him to the canvas crying for help...

jarhead

• "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 11:03:13 AM »
well ish roy jones knocked a dude out with a body punch i hope thats not the only criteria 'cause i can't stand that cat....and i thought all the talk about de la hoya being soft went out the window with the vargas fight not to mention mayorga....i always said the minute that jones stepped in the ring with anybody who could fight even a little bit he would get knocked out....and i was right can't stand roy jones can't stand him...did i say i can't stand him....never gave hopkins a rematch and bragged about a razor thin victory for like 7 years...he can eat a male private part