Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: William & Mary  (Read 1426 times)

TRad

• Hope springs eternal
    • View Profile
    • Email
William & Mary
« on: December 28, 2007, 10:25:06 PM »
Has anyone heard back from W & M (either way)?

It is my dream school (LS will prolly be a no-go for me if I don't get in there due to $$ and residency req's).  I scored lower than anticipated on the Sept LSAT (157; had been getting 163/ 165 in proctored practice).  So, I've opted to re-take in February and they've marked my application as "incomplete" while waiting for Feb. scores. 

I was told by the asst. dean that they'll notify by Apr. 1 and do not typically notify earlier b/c they want to see the entire pool once the deadline closes Mar. 1.

But on other threads, I read that their ASW for '07 was March. 30/31.

Now I'm worried that most of the spots will be taken before they review my app.

Your thoughts.....and any results that you have heard of are welcome.

TRad

• Hope springs eternal
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: William & Mary
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 11:43:10 PM »
Thanks, I think.  I'm now quite depressed.

I think I made a mistake in telling them to hold my application for the Feb. score.

I'm a non-trad. with TONS of professional success and soft credentials including an MA earned under a prestigious fellowship at a top university.  I have a very compelling PS full of resilience in overcoming hardship with pluck & courage, etc.

I'm looking at the people who got in and seeing people with numbers very close to mine who got in AND got money.

But I'm not a minority.

I'm considering talking to the dean again (with whom I'm on a first name basis) and asking her to lift the hold on my application.

I have as good a shot as many of those who got it already.

Has anyone done this?

smorse08

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 09:38:29 PM »
I'm in the same situation as well...I think we made the right decision (if we raise our scores of course)...law schools don't give out a certain number of acceptances each year...they send out acceptances to whoever is qualified knowing that they sent out too many and not all will attend...that being said, i'd rather have a 160 and be reviewed in march than a 157 reviewed in december...

fred

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 04:38:50 PM »
174+/3.7x

philibusters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 12:35:18 AM »
Has anyone heard back from W & M (either way)?

It is my dream school (LS will prolly be a no-go for me if I don't get in there due to $$ and residency req's).  I scored lower than anticipated on the Sept LSAT (157; had been getting 163/ 165 in proctored practice).  So, I've opted to re-take in February and they've marked my application as "incomplete" while waiting for Feb. scores. 

I was told by the asst. dean that they'll notify by Apr. 1 and do not typically notify earlier b/c they want to see the entire pool once the deadline closes Mar. 1.

But on other threads, I read that their ASW for '07 was March. 30/31.

Now I'm worried that most of the spots will be taken before they review my app.

Your thoughts.....and any results that you have heard of are welcome.

I applied late and got in (actually I applied like in Jan., but did not get by second letter of recommendation till like March 2nd or something like that).  The Feb retake probably could be really helpful for you.  I have no idea where you stand now, but if you had 162 or 163 you are within their normal range.  In that case you are a applicant within their standard range with excellent soft factors.  As it is now, you are applicant with excellent soft factors who is outside their standard range of admittances.
2008 graduate of William and Mary Law School