Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: question about jobs on applications...  (Read 449 times)

wtracing

• Sr. Citizen
  • Roll Angry Wave!
    • View Profile
    • Email
question about jobs on applications...
« on: December 27, 2007, 07:22:15 PM »
Is it possible to find online any job I've had at some point through W-2 filings? I do not know the start or end dates at some, i've moved around a lot and held jobs in various states. If I do not include one or two due to lack of info, is it possible for them to find this later? Just wondering exactly how detailed this needs to be.
Tulane Class of 2011

Tesoro418

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: question about jobs on applications...
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 10:41:31 PM »
If you don't know the exact date you could always just do month and year, or are you not sure about the months either?

Did other people put down every job they've ever had?
Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I donno, I sing in the shower? Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me-- no, don't sue me. That is opposite the point I'm trying to make.

wtracing

• Sr. Citizen
  • Roll Angry Wave!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 10:45:31 PM »
I have a rough estimate of months perhaps, but for example I worked at a restaurant once where I saw them putting steaks in deep fryers and sanitizing their cutlerly in the deep fryer too and I walked out and never went back. So, technically I'd assume I was fired and am supposed to disclose that on my app? Should have never set food in that pit
Tulane Class of 2011

California_RedRaider

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 10:47:56 PM »
Some applications really don't give you enough room to list a lot of things. I think they want a rough idea of where you've been and if you have significant work experience (diversity) to add to their class.

I say do the best you can in listing your work experience, and if worse comes to worse list the ones with the most significant time.

So basically between a place you worked at for 2 weeks versus 6 months, put the latter.

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 11:00:38 PM »
I just put Summer of whatever year I worked for summer work, if they asked for specific dates, I just gave the 1st of the month I started and the last of the month I ended working.

Tesoro418

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 11:15:49 PM »
I just put Summer of whatever year I worked for summer work, if they asked for specific dates, I just gave the 1st of the month I started and the last of the month I ended working.

good advice.  For some reason I want a grilled cheese sandwich now, and I don't even like them.
Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I donno, I sing in the shower? Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me-- no, don't sue me. That is opposite the point I'm trying to make.

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 11:29:32 PM »

good advice.  For some reason I want a grilled cheese sandwich now, and I don't even like them.

Man, why did you have to mention grilled cheese sandwiches.  I'm trying to get my 6 pack back, but now I want some fat, melted cheese.