Law School Discussion

Worst LSN profile

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
Worst LSN profile
« on: December 26, 2007, 11:55:08 AM »
Ive been trolling LSN app updates, and it seems everyone gets into a school that makes them happy or satisfied, does anyone know any really good sob stories on LSN.  Like profiles where they applied everywhere with reasonable scores and were roundly rejected?

Re: Worst LSN profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 11:55:35 AM »
I would like to see that

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 12:08:13 PM »
I would like to see that

If you weren't applying as a URM for preferential treatment at upper tier schools then you would.

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 12:11:09 PM »
If you look at my LSN profile I applied to all types of schools. there are many tier 2 and tier 3 schools in that list. I wasn't expecting to get into the top tier schools, but since I had a fee waiver I decided to apply to all of them expecting to be rejected. Also, I have other soft factors besides being a URM that is getting me into these schools. While being black may also be helping, it is not the main reason.

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 12:14:50 PM »
I would like to see that

If you weren't applying as a URM for preferential treatment at upper tier schools then you would.

That seems uncalled for.

But, a classic case http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=donbarzini

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 12:15:51 PM »
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=stotan12

Has the makings of a sob story so far.

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 12:20:11 PM »
If you look at my LSN profile I applied to all types of schools. there are many tier 2 and tier 3 schools in that list. I wasn't expecting to get into the top tier schools, but since I had a fee waiver I decided to apply to all of them expecting to be rejected. Also, I have other soft factors besides being a URM that is getting me into these schools. While being black may also be helping, it is not the main reason.

I saw the other soft factors mentioned in the profile, which I'm anxiously curious to read about when you decide to reveal them.  I have tried to reserve judgment as to what was the more significant contributing factor till then.

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 12:28:16 PM »

God, stop kidding yourself. I'm sure adcomms are creaming themselves at your part time work experience.

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 12:30:37 PM »
It's not part-time work. It's significant. There are a few people that I have revealed them to. Maybe some of them will back me up.

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 12:34:05 PM »
Must every thread turn into an AA battle?