Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Question about certification letters!  (Read 325 times)

wtracing

• Sr. Citizen
  • Roll Angry Wave!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Question about certification letters!
« on: December 25, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »
I have been filling out applications like crazy and all of them mention I can print it out and mail it or send a certification letter. Where do you get that letter? Do you get it after you submit online? Do schools consider your app while waiting on this letter or do they wait for it? Lastly, which would you say is better mailing the whole thing or mailing the cert? Ahhh....stress.
Tulane Class of 2011

rsr28

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Question about certification letters!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 07:52:23 PM »
All of them mention it?  Find that hard to believe.  Only a handful of schools require a hand-signed certification letter.

wtracing

• Sr. Citizen
  • Roll Angry Wave!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 08:27:19 PM »
I am not talking about Deans Certifications ( I don't believe!) Ok, well you know how you can't physically sign the application online, at the bottoms it says something (this is u of minnesota app, emory was similar) "you may elect to submit and pay for this application electronically, rather than printing and mailing it, or you may print and sign the certification letter instead of the application, and send the letter along with the fee directly to the school" What exactly is that saying?
Tulane Class of 2011

blupblup

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 04:01:59 AM »
I am not talking about Deans Certifications ( I don't believe!) Ok, well you know how you can't physically sign the application online, at the bottoms it says something (this is u of minnesota app, emory was similar) "you may elect to submit and pay for this application electronically, rather than printing and mailing it, or you may print and sign the certification letter instead of the application, and send the letter along with the fee directly to the school" What exactly is that saying?

You'll find out when you actually submit the application online. In most cases, you can sign electronically. If it does require that you print out the letter, hand-sign it and mail it in, then you will be able to print it at the time you submit it electronically. I was wondering the same thing before I sent in my first app -- no worries!

wtracing

• Sr. Citizen
  • Roll Angry Wave!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 11:02:34 AM »
Thanks for the reply! :) This is what I figured, I guess its good we read the legalese unlike some others apparently.
Tulane Class of 2011