Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best Schools in Northeast for Older Students  (Read 1848 times)

Sergio

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Best Schools in Northeast for Older Students
« on: December 23, 2007, 02:38:58 AM »
I'm 30 and applying to law schools now, having a master's and some work experience.  What are the best T2 schools and below for "nontraditional" students?  Basically, I want to be able to fit in and be social and not always be conscious of being different, if that's possible.  I'm not even opposed to doing some partying (I'm single with no kids).  I've applied to Temple and Rutgers-Newark, which both seem to have a few older students.  Any others?  How about Suffolk?

RobWreck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Best Schools in Northeast for Older Students
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 10:32:42 PM »
Well, if you're looking at part-time, I know my 1L class at St. John's has probably about 25 people in the 30+ category (myself included) out of the 62 of us. Not sure how the FT program is...
Rob
St. John's University School of Law '11
Part-time PM Division
Admitted in NY

SER1906

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 10:11:47 PM »
FT or PT? I'm 29 and will be starting at Rutgers-Newark in the fall. I visited the school in the fall for a day, sat in a class, and mingled with the students in the various common areas around the law building. From mingling, there didn't seem to be many older students hanging around. In the class I sat through, I'd say (fuzzy estimate) about 10% were older students.

I would imagine this wouldn't be an issue for the PT program.

Sergio

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 10:04:06 PM »
I applied FT but I guess I'd be willing to go PT if I didn't get in FT.  I saw the average age on the Rutgers-Newark website as 25 for FT and 31 for PT.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any that average OVER 25 for FT.  They're basically all betwen 23 and 25 from what I see.  But at least 25 should mean some late-20s people to balance out the 22 year olds.